MHC Tank Pictures

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author

MHC Tank Pictures

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 am

I was wondering if anyone who owns marine hermit crabs could post some pictures of their tats, because i was thinking of maybe getting some and i wanted to see what a tank set up would look like. Thanks!

annopia

Post by annopia » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 pm

just set up my marine tank today, its an aquapod. its currently cycling.

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Topic author
MomToDixie

Post by MomToDixie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 pm

My tanks aren't set up just for MHCs, but I do love them. I have about 50-60 in the 150 gallon and about 10 in the Aquapod.

150 gallon

Aquapod 24 gallon

My first MHCs

The tank that started it all :) . Traded it in for the aquapod.

annopia

Post by annopia » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 am

MomToDixie, what species are the MHCs in the first pics with crabs? and where did you get them?

Caroline
26 LHC: 6 PPs, 5 Es, 1 Straw, 6 Ruggies, 2 Indos, 1 Blueberry, 4 Violas, 1 Aussie

Topic author
MomToDixie

Post by MomToDixie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:08 pm

I bought them as Jade Hermit Crabs and that is all I can find them listed as. They have them listed on Saltwaterfish.com that way as well.

~Kim

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi MomtoDixie

I have a reef tank and I picked up three hermit crabs that are brown with some orange on their legs. Looks sorta like the ones you have in your pic. I did not even think to consider if they were reef safe. Do you know what kind they are and have you had any problems with any hermit crabs bothering your corals?

Topic author
MomToDixie

Post by MomToDixie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Hey Chryss! Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I don't check here like I should :). I've had those guys over a year and have not noticed them picking at anything they shouldn't.