Strawberry coloring??

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Motörcrab

Re: Strawberry coloring??

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:55 pm

I ordered that off Etsy. The user name is "ChollaQueen". They are only 3 grams each but they say a little goes a long way. Hopefully the crabs actually eat it and not the Isopods. If that doesn't help with color I'm not sure what will.

They also mentioned about adding Indian Almond Leaves in the water to make it into "black water". Briefly summed up the leaves will release tannins into the water. Then when the crabs drink the water they will be getting that too. I have yet to follow through with it but sounds like a good idea. I believe that discussion could be another post.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:15 pm

I personally recommend leaving the leaves out of their water. Just give them the Catappa (Indian Almond) leaves to eat. Eating the tannin is better for them.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:00 pm

I was thinking that eating leaves would be best too. Leaves seem to always disappear from the tank anyway, the crabs and isopods make pretty quick work of them. i'm sure they get drug into the sand and break down too. They already drag enough into the water on their own. There's no use encouraging them to do it more!

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Im assuming that their color changes happen appear after a fresh molt like other hermits. Never slowly overtime.

I just had Abby return up after being down since early December. I believe it was around the time I received all those powders.

Abby does appear to be lighter this time. I believe this was her second molt for me since late July of last year. So far I believe Abby is the only one to molt twice. Diablo is currently down for his second molt. Expecting him up any day. The other three have only molted for me once that I recall. One may have just went down in the last day or two.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:07 pm

You’ve got a lot of foods to help them, she should be able to make up for it in her next molt, right? I mean to get her coloring darker again. She’s such a beautiful crab, I want some straws after seeing yours. They are such gorgeous crabs!

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm

They will never be as vibrant as they are in the wild. As long as they don't have white on them you are fine. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:28 am

I haven't went through a molting yet with either of my 2 crabs....one of them (Scuttle) is very tan/pale color so i assume he didn't get enough protiens and things in the pet-store? I feed them lots of carrots and things like that so hopefully next molt shows a sucsessful (spelling :hlol: ) coloration!!! :banana:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:33 am

aussieJJDude wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 pm

(And better than James Charles new pallette!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
:hlol:
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!