One brave, one dark color

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
p2gg86

One brave, one dark color

Post by p2gg86 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:00 am

Hi all, recently upon my petsmart visits, I came across some hermies that I just can't pass.

The brave one; this guy is super active and is never shy to crawl all over my hands. Though with sudden movement he would tucks in but then come out right soon afterward. (First photo)

The dark color; I never see such deep dark red that is almost black so I have to grab him home. And oh, this one is a galImage
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Re: One brave, one dark color

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 am

Wow! They both have beautiful colors! Congratulations on your new friends, they are so cute!

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Very nice!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm

They’re awesome! It’s so hard not to pass up bringing home new friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 pm

LeeHasCrabs wrote:They’re awesome! It’s so hard not to pass up bringing home new friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I want a 130 gal tank. Lol. I'll still think it's too small after a while.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
p2gg86

Post by p2gg86 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 am

I want bigger tank too but there is no place for a larger tank in my house. I've been trying to build/ create multiple levels to keep them busy.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 pm

p2gg86 wrote:I want bigger tank too but there is no place for a larger tank in my house. I've been trying to build/ create multiple levels to keep them busy.

I've thought of multiple levels too.

Topic author
p2gg86

Post by p2gg86 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:27 am

p2gg86 wrote:Hi all, recently upon my petsmart visits, I came across some hermies that I just can't pass.

The brave one; this guy is super active and is never shy to crawl all over my hands. Though with sudden movement he would tucks in but then come out right soon afterward. (First photo)

The dark color; I never see such deep dark red that is almost black so I have to grab him home. And oh, this one is a galImage
ImageImage

I'm here to update on the brave crab and the dark one. After almost 3 months, the dark one passed away. There was a strong smell in the tank and I found her body hiding behind the plastic tower. When I picked her shell up, every limbs felt apart. hope she gets to go to the crab heaven.

On the other hand, the brave crab had his first molt and is current very active and as brave as ever the first time I held him.

One thing I believe I'm starting to learn about handling crabs. Crabs know you!! I been the only person at my house that was handling them but then now my wife saw it and she want to hold them too but no. If I put them on her hands and then with my hands close by, they would just walk into my hands instead of any where else. They would also climb from my hands to my forearm and even more lol.

Here are some photos for enjoyment! ImageImageImageImageImage

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 pm

I’m so sorry you lost one of your little friends.
You have some great pictures! They are so cute!

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:15 pm

I am really sorry for the loss. Those are really good pictures though.
I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom