Happy Eight Hermi-versary

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
AutumnFalls

Happy Eight Hermi-versary

Post by AutumnFalls » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 am

I got my hermit crabs around eight years ago! Time flies! I bought them not knowing that they'd live more than a year or two and I sure learned a lot. I currently still have two crabs, my oldest was one of the first ones I got. His (or her, I never checked) name is pumpkin after the first shell he was wearing (painted like a pumpkin). The second I got a couple years later and is named grape after his purple-grey colour. I'm currently looking at ways to enhance his colour since he's much more grey as he's aged. Pumpkin however only got brighter with age! Here are a couple older pictures.

Baby Pumpkin:

Hanging Out:

An early (and terrible) shot of grape:

Fast forward to 2019. They're still doing well. I cleaned their tank, moistened some of the drier dirt and game them some fresh food. Pumpkin wasn't impressed with me for that! As soon as I put him back in the tank, he went into the hide and hasn't left it. :lol: Grape responded by frantically running around the tank before hiding in a corner (after checking out some stinky oysters that I put in the tank). Here's my current tank. I do have two water pools, the second one is still curing after I put a new ramp on it.

Last edited by AutumnFalls on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

p2gg86

Re: Happy Eight Hermi-versary

Post by p2gg86 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:23 am

Wow, very nice looking tanks and love those hermies photos. Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Congratulations on your hermie-versary! That’s really cute! The words we can come up with, Lol! They look great and your obviously doing an amazing job with them. I love your pictures, your tank is very nice and you have some very beautiful crab-babies. It’s so good to read such a happy hermie story.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 am

Congratulations - amazing how you have only kept to two hermits! I went out of control with my addiction!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com