Who Doesn't Like Baby Pictures?

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Who Doesn't Like Baby Pictures?

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu May 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Such sweethearts! :D
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Omg they are so cute! It makes sense that they were scared to come out when they didnt have a big crab with them. In my experience bigger crabs are less fearful, and since crabs are so social its definitely a follow the leader game ;) keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:46 pm

Crabs are pretty crazy how they pick up stuff. Xeno caught a baby in the wheel the other night! He struggled to finally get into the wheel. Then he was too little to make it go.
They really seem to learn by watching others. Like putting nooch and hot sauce on popcorn! That may be my new favorite way to eat popcorn, not for the crabs! I'm glad your crabs enjoy the cube and banana popcorn!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:21 pm

Motörcrab wrote:Crabs are pretty crazy how they pick up stuff. Xeno caught a baby in the wheel the other night! He struggled to finally get into the wheel. Then he was too little to make it go.
They really seem to learn by watching others. Like putting nooch and hot sauce on popcorn! That may be my new favorite way to eat popcorn, not for the crabs! I'm glad your crabs enjoy the cube and banana popcorn!

Haha! I never eat popcorn any other way! They're definitely loving it thanks alot ;)

jbjwanted

Post by jbjwanted » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:28 pm

I’m new here & I am totally getting ready to do a search on this Crab Con you are all talking about!! Whatever it is, it sounds like THE place to go!

Those babies are sooo adorable!!!!!

I’m assuming that when I look up the Crab Con thing, I may see this info there, but since I also might not, can you help me to understand why you’re doing quarterly reports & stuff?? Is it some sort of a program or something? An adoption process??

I’m not sure exactly why you’re doing it, but I think it’s getting you some great adorable pics regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:09 am

jbjwanted wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:28 pm
I’m new here & I am totally getting ready to do a search on this Crab Con you are all talking about!! Whatever it is, it sounds like THE place to go!

Those babies are sooo adorable!!!!!

I’m assuming that when I look up the Crab Con thing, I may see this info there, but since I also might not, can you help me to understand why you’re doing quarterly reports & stuff?? Is it some sort of a program or something? An adoption process??

I’m not sure exactly why you’re doing it, but I think it’s getting you some great adorable pics regardless ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the HCA! Crab Con is the world's only international hermit crab convention. There are presentations from speakers around the world covering all areas pertaining to hermit crabs. There are also several shops offering all things hermit crabs, shells, foods, and decor items. Last year all shops had great deals.

Crab Con was started last year by Mary Akers. She is one of only 6 people in the world to successfully captive breed hermit crabs and the first person in the United States. A lot of us have had eggs and attempted to get them to land just not successful. Crab Con started as an adoption weekend for the babies and slowly morphed into a convention.

Due to all of the gathering and travel restrictions of covid-19 it was decided to make Crab Con 2020 an online event. It really opens it up for everyone to attend. I know all the shops are running exclusive discount codes for their Etsy shops. In our shop are doing 10% off for regular attendees, 20% off for VIP's, and also a few giveaways.

Here is a link to more Crab Con 2020 info.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122538

As for measuring the babies. Everyone that adopted babies last year are keeping track of their growth. Since 99.9% of hermit crabs are collected from the wild we don't really know how old they really are. Giving quarterly check ins with growth measuring, shell sizes, tank conditions, and other info will help us understand crabs even more.

We picked out some of the smaller babies last year. They easily doubled or tripled in size.

I believe four of us on the HCA adopted babies last year, xenocrab and myself we count as one technically, RiNiKy, and PinchersAndShells.

Last edited by Motörcrab on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:56 am

Motörcrab wrote: Welcome to the HCA! Crab Con is the world's only international hermit crab convention. There are presentations from speakers around the world covering all areas pertaining to hermit crabs. There are also several shops offering all things hermit crabs, shells, foods, and decor items. Last year all shops had great deals.

Crab Con was started last year by Mary Akers. She is one of only 6 people in the world to successfully captive breed hermit crabs and the first person in the United States. A lot of us have had eggs and attempted to get them to land just not successful. Crab Con started as an adoption weekend for the babies and slowly morphed into a convention.

Due to all of the gathering and travel restrictions of covid-19 it was decided to make Crab Con 2020 an online event. It really opens it up for everyone to attend. I know all the shops are running exclusive discount codes for their Etsy shops. In our shop are doing 10% off for regular attendees, 20% off for VIP's, and also a few giveaways.

Here is a link to more Crab Con 2020 info.

As for measuring the babies. Everyone that adopted babies last year are keeping track of their growth. Since 99.9% of hermit crabs are collected from the wild we don't really know how old they really are. Giving quarterly check ins with growth measuring, shell sizes, tank conditions, and other info will help us understand crabs even more.

We picked out some of the smaller babies last year. They easily doubled or tripled in size.

I believe four of us on the HCA adopted babies last year, xenocrab and myself we count as one technically, RiNiKy, and PinchersAndShells.
That link isnt working for me motor

Topic author
Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:24 am

ROSIEonFIRE wrote:That link isnt working for me motor

I believe I fixed it. It's also here too!