Pinchy Palace Journal

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Pinchy Palace Journal

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:15 am

Scarletfire wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 am
They're all purple pinchers! Or at least they should be. I haven't touched them since they were adopted. I'll take some up front photos when I move them over to the big tank. I was tempted to do the move... But opted to silicone down the handles to the proper place first.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Oh! Surprising! I love their coloring regardless! I can't wait to see more pictures of them! :crabbigsmile:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:25 pm

So today was moving day. The biggest, currently in the banded tapestry shell, is a female! Otherwise, I wanted to just move them fast. A total of 7 moved over.. 1 banded tapestry, 2 tapestry, 1 Babylon, 2 greens, 1 fox. I think I had 8 crabs.. Or 9. I positioned the wyze cam over the food bowl, hoping to catch someone snacking. I guess I'll have a pet sand for a year before I can redo it. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 pm

AWESOME! I bet the one in the food bowl will have it messed up by morning! Great job, though! The crabbies seem to love it!
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:42 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 pm
AWESOME! I bet the one in the food bowl will have it messed up by morning! Great job, though! The crabbies seem to love it!
Hehe. If he does.. that's okay.... he was eating when I scooped him out haha.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:48 pm

Haha! He probably was like, "hey, what's the problem here? Can't ya see I'm eating, pet?"

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 pm

I have never been more excited to see poop in water. For it to be here, that means then came down, walked to the edge, then went back up.

Second thoughts.. He must've pooped when he was above on egg crate.

This guy just enjoying the sun I guess. He's been there for at least 10 min since I walked in.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Scarletfire wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 pm
I have never been more excited to see poop in water. For it to be here, that means then came down, walked to the edge, then went back up.

Second thoughts.. He must've pooped when he was above on egg crate.

This guy just enjoying the sun I guess. He's been there for at least 10 min since I walked in.

He's probably like, "my complexion is coming along very nicely... and my skin is to die for..." :glasses7:

Topic author
Scarletfire

Post by Scarletfire » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 pm

This might look like another crab photo, but I'm proud to say that Someone went into the freshwater pool, came up, and got the dwarf hair grass stuck on their shell, meaning they fully submerged. =D

I've wondered if they can find the access point, and they did. Image

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:44 pm

Scarletfire wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 pm
This might look like another crab photo, but I'm proud to say that Someone went into the freshwater pool, came up, and got the dwarf hair grass stuck on their shell, meaning they fully submerged. =D

I've wondered if they can find the access point, and they did. Image

Yay!

Links

Post by Links » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:43 am

Brave little explorers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Fri May 01, 2020 9:56 am

I just took an hour out of my day to read all six pages of this journey and I have never spent an hour better in my crabbing life! So much creative work done here, most of the constructive jargon I didn't even understand but I still read, haha. How are the crabbies doing now? Has your pet sand hatched? I currently have a pet sand... no seriously. Said molter might've been eaten long ago before he was alone. Anyway, this saga is such a great addition to this forum, so many small-to-big ideas that everyone can benefit from! Someday when I get my own place I'm going to have to upgrade my 50 to a 100... crab room time ;)
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)