Crab Ornaments

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
doth

Crab Ornaments

Post by doth » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 am

Now that the holidays are over I can post these!

I made these ornaments as a Christmas gift for my partner. They are shell impressions from Scrundles and Spikes, our crabs that died this winter. We always keep our crabs' first shells as a keepsake, so I snuck them out to the studio to make these!

Really happy with how they turned out. Scrundles & Spikes were great crabs and we still miss them. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

DevilNDisguise

Re: Crab Ornaments

Post by DevilNDisguise » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:48 am

How thoughtful! I'm sorry about your crabbies, but that's such a nice way to remember them by. You did a good job. :)
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Aw how sweet!!! Love it!!
I have paw print impressions in a putty material from my dog and cat that passed away. I bought the kits at a craft store, but yours are so much nicer!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:06 pm

That is nice! We bury the crabs that have died in house plants and put their shells on top. Your idea is wonderful

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
doth

Post by doth » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Xenocrab wrote:That is nice! We bury the crabs that have died in house plants and put their shells on top. Your idea is wonderful

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
thanks! I love your houseplant method too. a friend of mine does that with her pet dubia roaches

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk