Trouble getting hermies as avatar?

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Trouble getting hermies as avatar?

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi guys! So, I wanted to put a picture of my George Washington as my avatar, but no matter how much I cropped the picture, it would say that it was more than 10 KB, and that I couldn't use it. :x Did anyone have this problem? Do them know how to fix it? Thanks!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Re: Trouble getting hermies as avatar?

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 am

Crabby7Crabber wrote:Hi guys! So, I wanted to put a picture of my George Washington as my avatar, but no matter how much I cropped the picture, it would say that it was more than 10 KB, and that I couldn't use it. :x Did anyone have this problem? Do them know how to fix it? Thanks!
Try using this free photo compression webpage:
http://jpeg-optimizer.com

Where it says "compression level", I had to choose 20 to get my very large photo to become under 10 kb. You might have to play around with that number depending on your file size to get it under the 10 kb requirement. Let me know how you make out! ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:55 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 am
Try using this free photo compression webpage:
http://jpeg-optimizer.com

Where it says "compression level", I had to choose 20 to get my very large photo to become under 10 kb. You might have to play around with that number depending on your file size to get it under the 10 kb requirement. Let me know how you make out! ImageImage

Thanks, ill try it as soon as i can! :crabbigsmile:
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote: Thanks, ill try it as soon as i can! :crabbigsmile:
Awesome! Image

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:51 am

I got it! The picture shown is my E; I think. Do you guys think he's an E? I'll get a better picture when he comes up!!

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:I got it! The picture shown is my E; I think. Do you guys think he's an E? I'll get a better picture when he comes up!!
That's great! Image
Do you have a non compressed version of your avatar pic? The details are a bit too blurry when I try to blow it up. Image

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:13 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:07 pm
That's great! Image
Do you have a non compressed version of your avatar pic? The details are a bit too blurry when I try to blow it up. Image

I do, but I don't have Tapatalk. I need to get it soon! Thank you for the help! I also need a better pic of George Washington... I'm waiting until he comes up, though. Thank you for the help, CrabbyLover77!!!

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:14 pm

(Btw, he's a tan with blue-ish legs and no purple claw, if I remember correctly. I found him at a pet store amazingly; such beautiful colors he has!)

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:19 pm

It sounds like he might be an E! What a find. Yeah, def download Tapatalk when you can. It was free when I downloaded it a while back. I wanna see those cute crabbies!

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:59 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:19 pm
It sounds like he might be an E! What a find. Image Yeah, def download Tapatalk when you can. It was free when I downloaded it a while back. I wanna see those cute crabbies! Image

I'll make sure to, so I can show them off! I can't wait to show you all their cute faces!!! :D

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote: I'll make sure to, so I can show them off! I can't wait to show you all their cute faces!!! :D
Yay! Image