Crabitat Scaping

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Links

Re: Crabitat Scaping

Post by Links » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 am

ImageImageImage king! Finally caught the one I know is female on the moss. But she doesn’t move much anymore. She sat in this position with no movement for hours until I sprayed the moss with distilled water. Then She moved. I’m not sure if something is wrong or what. She’s always sitting as still as can be. The other one I got with her is same size and he/she has been sitting as well. Ever since I found the tip of a leg by the food they’ve been staying separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Links wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 am

ImageImageImage king! Finally caught the one I know is female on the moss. But she doesn’t move much anymore. She sat in this position with no movement for hours until I sprayed the moss with distilled water. Then She moved. I’m not sure if something is wrong or what. She’s always sitting as still as can be. The other one I got with her is same size and he/she has been sitting as well. Ever since I found the tip of a leg by the food they’ve been staying separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oml, this morning my tiniest PP just sat there in an over-sized shell in front of the coconut entrance while the the two biggest crabbies (my E and Hoodini) slept together. He didn't even more his feelers.
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Hermies Conrad

Post by Hermies Conrad » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:33 pm

How is the moss etc. doing lately? This is awesome! I am looking around for ideas like this because I love plants and animals and I like bringing them together haha. I’m experienced with regular plants and aquatic types so I want to try it with the crabs next.

Topic author
Links

Post by Links » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 pm

The moss did great when I watered it with a squirt bottle consistently but since I quit running a fan inside the tank I don’t water the moss anymore because some water ends up on the sand and I fear flooding. Most of it has turned brown. Some still has a little green left in it. I wanted the moss to really grow and take over but I think that would require too much water and the crabs would disturb it constantly as well. For now I have some fresh moss beside the freshwater pool. Maybe more of a moss pit would allow moisture to remain and keep the moss alive. I don’t really have much extra time to play around with the tank or I’d try some different approaches. But Thanks for asking.