Jumbo PP Returns!

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Overmountain1

Jumbo PP Returns!

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:30 am

Ok. So I have Mr S and Princess, my two jumbo PP. I adore them, and to me, every return from molt is a cause for celebration, but especially these really big ones. It was their first with me though, and so for that reason I’m especially relieved. Anyway- according to rough placement from where he came up, This should be Mr S. However, unless he’s gotten a bit friendlier and a lot lot darker, it may be Princess after all. But I don’t think I’ll know for certain til I can see them both! Anyway, without further ado- my gorgeous indigo and violet PP, fresh up from molt this morning.

Edited to add that I’m almost positive it’s my Princess girl now. Mr S wouldn’t suffer to allow me to let a leg and brush sand off his shell without running during or immediately after. Princess just sorta looks.... happy about the attention! She’s unique.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Overmountain1 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Jumbo PP Returns!

Post by curlysister » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Right on! Love the hairy legs!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:27 pm

Beautiful!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Overmountain1

Jumbo PP Returns!

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:05 pm

curlysister wrote:Right on! Love the hairy legs!
Hehehe thanks! Check out this shot..... Holy hairy legs Batman!!
If only they’ll take a quick bath now cause that sand on the head is about to drive me bonkers Image
ImageImage

Topic author
Overmountain1

Jumbo PP Returns!

Post by Overmountain1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:16 pm

I just adore the one right above this- where she’s standing in the wheel- she has such a ‘look’ on her little face, the way she’s kinda got one eye up like raising an eyebrow for us.... I can’t even....!!!! Ah! Thanks everyone for sharing in my jumbo molt joy!! Image Mr EnDoh seems quite happy to have his napping buddy back again! Of the 3 living together there, those two seem to like each other the most!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:20 am

It's winter and I don't have to shave my legs!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:51 am

Overmountain1 wrote:I just adore the one right above this- where she’s standing in the wheel- she has such a ‘look’ on her little face, the way she’s kinda got one eye up like raising an eyebrow for us.... I can’t even....!!!! Ah! Thanks everyone for sharing in my jumbo molt joy!! Image Mr EnDoh seems quite happy to have his napping buddy back again! Of the 3 living together there, those two seem to like each other the most!

Yay! Happy hugs to you and the crabbies! Great pics!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Overmountain1

Post by Overmountain1 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks so much everyone! My other big girl, Princess, is finally back up too! I know logically that 3 months isn’t that long for her size to molt but man it’s been so hard to wait!!
She’s still all sandy, but I’m so so happy they all 3 pulled thru. Image

I took this last one right as she was coming out of her hole- I’ve heard her digging all day long and had no idea where to expect her! Here she came....

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:19 am

It’s good to finally figure out who was who! Lol! So glad they’re all back and healthy.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:15 pm

It warms my heart to know that at least some crabbies in this world are having the best, longest life possible <3
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyChelle628

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Overmountain1 wrote: Hehehe thanks! Check out this shot..... Holy hairy legs Batman!!
If only they’ll take a quick bath now cause that sand on the head is about to drive me bonkers Image
ImageImage

Absolutely gorgeous. I love how vibrant their colors are.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk