4 new additions

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
HannaP

4 new additions

Post by HannaP » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm

I just got 4 new hermies. Hope they do well considering the pet store conditions.the conditions weren't awful but still not up to par. Two are about same size, one is just a little tiny baby, the other is larger; I choose him because he has out grow his shell and there were no bigger shells provided for him at the store. He is the one I'm worried about, he's not moving around like the others, he just sits there. I hope he starts moving and around soon so he can choose a bigger shell. I also hope the one in the painted shell will change soon so I can throw away the painted one. ImageImage//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e7279fa868 ... 174546.mp4

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Topic author
HannaP

Re: 4 new additions

Post by HannaP » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:53 pm

This is the over grown one and the really tiny one exploring behind him. He has just been sitting here for hours. I'm tempted to set him in the shell shop but I know I shouldn't disturb him. He would probably be just sitting there anyways. I know I just need to give him time to adjust to new crabitat. ImageImage

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:08 pm

aw, they are so cute!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Hmmm, does the bigger one have a purple claw? If he doesn't he could be an E, and they're very stubborn when it comes to shells. I got mine (He's named George Washington :lol:) 3 months ago, and he changed into the tiniest shell he could (at least he's out of the painted one that he was in at the pet store). Lots of people on here have trouble when it comes to E's stubbornness. Glad they're in good living conditions now :D
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Also, the one in the background looks like a viola kind of. I'm not an expert, but it seems like you have quite an exotic group!
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
HannaP

Post by HannaP » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you all! I thought they all have purple claws. I could be mistaking tho. I did ask the store if they all were purple Pinchers and they said yes but I don't think would even know, seeing how they don't know proper care for these little guys. They all seem to be hidden at this time but will definitely keep an eye on them and hopefully soon I'll be able to see if he has a purple claw. I'm trying not to hover over the cage but I'm so curious of what they are doing. Love them! Needing to pick out some names also for my new little crabies.

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Yeah, they're not exactly professionals. If you need help with the names, once you are able to get some more pictures I can try to help! :D

Topic author
HannaP

Post by HannaP » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Sounds great! I will try to get some more pics. Thanks again!

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:53 am

No problem :) Happy to help!