Custom 70 gallon

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
Hermielover121

Custom 70 gallon

Post by Hermielover121 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:36 pm

We just recently made a custom 70 gallon tank. The dimensions are 25”h 16”d 40”w. We have 10 inches of substrate two deep salt and freshwater pools lots of places to hide, climb and lots of shells. Also a water fountain!Image
Our 4 crabs love to run around and climb over everything. We are actually using this as a display for our new business where we make custom tanks ( mostly for hermit crabs ). Make sure to leave suggestions on ways to improve our tank thanksImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Re: Custom 70 gallon

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:52 pm

So nice! Love the fountain! Wish you weren't in Canada, you could make me a nice tank.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Thanks, ya it really sucks that it would cost so much money to ship if you wanted a smaller tank like a 10 gallon ( with cool architectural designs ) we could do that but guessing that you would want a big tank.

RiNiKy506

Custom 70 gallon

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Oh so beautiful! I love your water fountain! Would you mind sharing where you got it? I thought about doing something like that in my pools with rocks and having the filter flow over the rocks. I bet your crabbies are some happy! Did you make the tank with glass or plexiglass and seal it with aquarium sealer!? I’d love to do that but I never knew what it would cost. How much did it cost you to make it? You did an amazing job, I love it!

Edit: what did you use to line your pools? I like the different material than the plastic canvas that we use, it looks a little more flexible.

Topic author
Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:09 pm

We got the fountain from Michaels actually they have a large selection of fountains that size which are perfect for tanks. We did not use plexiglass only Very thick glass and silicone. It costs a lot but if we where making it for someone else we would definitely do something’s differently so that it wouldn’t cost quite as much.