Baby Hermit Crabs

This is a forum dedicated to Hermit Crab Association members posting pictures of their crabs and crabitats.

Topic author
jonathon1989

Baby Hermit Crabs

Post by jonathon1989 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 pm

I recently added two very small hermit crabs to my colony of hermit crabs. They are no bigger than a dime. I wanted to share their pictures. Image
SCUTTLE

SUSHI
Last edited by jonathon1989 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doth

Re: Baby Hermit Crabs

Post by doth » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:14 pm

wow, they are so cute! love the names too

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm

jonathon1989 wrote:I recently added two very small hermit crabs to my colony of hermit crabs. They are no bigger than a dime. I wanted to share their pictures. Image
SCUTTLE

SUSHI
So cute!
How many do u have now? Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Topic author
jonathon1989

Baby Hermit Crabs

Post by jonathon1989 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Thank you. All together, seven. Sushi and Scuttle have their own tank. Eventualy when they get bigger I’ll add them to the main tank with the others.

Jonathon

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:08 pm

jonathon1989 wrote:Thank you. All together, seven. Sushi and Scuttle have their own tank. Eventualy when they get bigger I’ll add them to the main tank with the others.

Jonathon
Aw that's awesome. Image That's how many I have. I keep saying no more but you know how that goes lol.

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Topic author
jonathon1989

Post by jonathon1989 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:13 pm

CrabbyLover77 wrote:Aw that's awesome. Image That's how many I have. I keep saying no more but you know how that goes lol.

Yeah, I know. Lol. I always take trips to my local pet store to look at the crabs. I got to be good friends with a really nice person who works in the reptile and fish department, and they always let me check out the crabs. I always say seven is my limit but if I see one in need Ill mostly likely bring it home. ImageImage The last big one I rescued, Oscar, he got so big, the employee told me he broke his shell. So this employee went all around town to find a one for him and got one. They said nobody would buy him because they were afraid of him. So I had to rescue him. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:22 pm

jonathon1989 wrote: Yeah, I know. Lol. I always take trips to my local pet store to look at the crabs. I got to be good friends with a really nice person who works in the reptile and fish department, and they always let me check out the crabs. I always say seven is my limit but if I see one in need Ill mostly likely bring it home. ImageImage The last big one I rescued, Oscar, he got so big, the employee told me he broke his shell. So this employee went all around town to find a one for him and got one. They said nobody would buy him because they were afraid of him. So I had to rescue him. Image

Aw that's so nice you rescued Oscar! I bet he's in good hands now. Image That's nice the employee helped you find Oscar a shell. He must be a big boy. Image
I try hard not to look in the fish/reptile area in pet stores so I don't bring anything else home lol. I'm especially fond of female bettas and goldfish.Image

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Oh my! So tiny and so cute!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Awww! They are soo cute!

Beckanai

Post by Beckanai » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:05 pm

They're too cute! This is the size of our newest replacement of Eugene 2.0 (The ones that didn't make it we went and got new within the 30 days of purchasing them. We added the 2.0 to their names as a tribute to them.)
I just love how the smaller ones look, so so adorable!
New to crabbing an lovin'it!
7 PP's - David, Frank, Bob, Hank, Larry, Eugene 2.0, and Paul 2.0

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:51 pm

We added medium crabs with our captive bred babies without any issues. We actually think the babies learn some things from the bigger crabs. The babies seem to follow the bigger crabs around too.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:09 am

Awww So tiny and cute! I've been thinking about getting some babies for my tank but it's only a 30 gallon and it already has a colony of 5 so I don't want to over crowd. Maybe when I upgrade I'll get some more little ones, seeing yours just made me want some even more lol
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)