White Rice?

Archived food and water-specific information.

White Rice?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:06 am

We had chinese last night and they gave us, as usual a box of white rice. Would it be safe to feed to the crabs? just dont wanna waste

Topic author
Nicole

White Rice?

Post by Nicole » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:10 am

White rice is fine - as is white pasta - but there's not much nutritional value to it either as there would be with brown rice or whole wheat pasta.Mine do like plain spaghetti from time to time - a carby crabby treat on occasion won't hurt. Just make sure the rice isn't seasoned in any way before offering it.
~ crabbing since 2003

Crabber85

White Rice?

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Most chineese resturants put msg mono sodium glutamate into everything they cook and it could be harmfull to the crabs.We referr to it as super salt because it mimicks salt to an extent but has no nutritional value and is only used to keep the food fresher longer.I beleive its also put into most pizzas.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Nicole

White Rice?

Post by Nicole » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Crabber85 - I didn't know that about the rice in Chinese restaurants. I had assumed it was immune from the MSG since it's not really a 'main' dish - thanks for the heads up!
~ crabbing since 2003

White Rice?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:31 pm

im very allergic to msg so iknow there isnt any in the rice. i made sure that there isnt any where i get my takeout. so im good in the area of msg