PETA's Stance on Hermit Crabs as Pets

Archived information regarding hermit crab welfare work done online, in pet stores and in the wild. Also discussions about the larger ramifications of keeping crabs as pets, captive breeding, etc.

Topic author
hermit_king

Post by hermit_king » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:54 pm

Wow, that movie was....stupid. I really do not like PETA. I don't know why they exist. They will never stop people from buying hermit crabs. Most people have never even heard of them. Though I do not like how pet stores treat their hermit crabs, hermit crabs can live much longer with people who properly care for them, than in the wild where there are many predators, changing weather, sometimes lack of shells or food. I wonder if PETA comes onto our hermit crab sites and makes fun of what we say...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:53 am

It seems as though the members of PETA have a little to much time on their hand, especially when there are a lot more important causes. If they really wanted to be an educated group of people they would look at web sites like these and see how dedicated some people are about taking care of their little hermies!