Adding fiddler crab to the crab setup?

Archived information regarding hermit crab welfare work done online, in pet stores and in the wild. Also discussions about the larger ramifications of keeping crabs as pets, captive breeding, etc.

Topic author
Dramatic Hermiexx

Post by Dramatic Hermiexx » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 am

Unbelievable ! I highly doubt class pets are allowed in my school, a good thing (I'm in a torture chamber high school, super strict). Sometimes I think classroom pets should be banned by law (but that sounds difficult to enforce).Now I'm getting interested in fiddlers again. But that would have to wait a long time (a few years?).

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:32 am

It's a shame classroom pets aren't usually taken better care of. It was a teacher's classroom tank of hermies that got me into LHCs. Her tank definitely could have used some improvements, but compared to what CA described, it was heaven.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:10 am

Wow that's horrible CA! She didn't even clean the tank? I'm flabbergasted! If they ban class pets, some people would always come up and say stuff like "educations about animals for children." They could try making a law saying all class pets should be living in a suitable conditions.