Need photos of the worst conditions

Archived information regarding hermit crab welfare work done online, in pet stores and in the wild. Also discussions about the larger ramifications of keeping crabs as pets, captive breeding, etc.

Topic author
Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:15 am

I'm on a legal crusade to get hermits covered by animal protection statutes. That's easier said than done so what I need are actual pictures of the worst conditions out there. If you find them, please document them with a camera or cell phone pic and PM or email them to me. There is no greater argument than visual images, especially a multitude of them.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 am

Thanks Gabby!What I really need are photos of conditions that outrage and leave you sick and angry like tanks with passed hermits, dropped limbs, wood and wire cages with no water, etc. If you're unsure, snap a pic anyway. Please don't post them here. If you host them you can send me the link and I will download a copy to my own computer, or leave me a PM and I will send you my email address so you can attach them that way.
Photobucket album

Topic author
Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:28 am

This is the legal statute I hope to use. It reads: A person commits the crime of cruelty to animals if the person: Negligently deprives any animal in his possession or custody of necessary care, sustenance or shelter; negligently beats, cruelly whips, tortures, mutilates or in any manner mistreats; negligently overdrives, overworks, overloads or otherwise abuses any animal intended for labor; negligently permits or causes any animal to be subjected to cruelty, inhumane treatment or unnecessary suffering, etc.; purposely beats, cruelly whips, tortures, or mutilates any animal. Massachusetts refuses to define 'animal' and NH defines it as a domestic animal, a household pet or a wild animal in captivity, both of which could essentially include hermits. MA doesn't exclude them, they can't be bred in captivity, and they're sold as pets for domestic households so it could be argued that the statute was meant to include them.Photos of conditions that outrage and leave you sick and angry would be used to convince an attorney that they are in serious need of protection and I will then find the worst of the worst locally to document and hopefully pursue an abuse action against.
Photobucket album