Naples Seashell Company Offers LHC Members 10% Discount

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

dylan644

Post by dylan644 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 am

I know that the shell openings are in blue and range within the given measurements. I have no idea what your talking about as I have never experienced that.

Topic author
ashdawn14

Post by ashdawn14 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 am

It's also worth noting that when I emailed to mention the issues with my shells I was given a reply stating that if they didn't have exactly what you order in stock, they will give you the closest match based on opening size and shape. Which is how I ended up with a couple of shells that had the right opening size but were way too big for my babies.They DID offer to exchange them, but after all the issues I had, it wasn't worth the trouble to me. I won't be ordering through them again though.

dylan644

Post by dylan644 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I like Naples, but I am going with Tammy from THCP. I like the quality of her shells.

Topic author
ashdawn14

Post by ashdawn14 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I might be ordering some more shells soon, since my new guy is between Moriarty and Vegas in size and doesn't seem to care for the shell offerings he has now. If I do, I'll check out THCP.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 am

Laurie, pearl band, green jade, African turbo (1.5-1.75") or maybe a pearl meet your criteria.Each shell has two size associations, the overall size and the opening measurement. You'll notice that for both it's a range and not specific so if you want to ensure that you get a certain size it's best to include a note with your order or mention when calling to say what sizes you need. They're happy to assist with specific needs. In the absence of specifics, you'll just get shells in that range.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
Mr. Crab's mom

Post by Mr. Crab's mom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 am

I was just trying to order some shells and tried the code and it kept saying coupon code is no longer available. Am I doing something wrong?

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:37 pm

MCM that code on the first page was just updated so I don't know why it's not working.I'll file a report in Admin and see whats going on.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

texasreb

Post by texasreb » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:55 am

I'm holding off ordering from them until we find out if there is still a discount. I'm all about the discount!!
Gentleness without strength is weakness. Strength without gentleness in meanness.

LisaM

Post by LisaM » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 am

You might be better off to look elsewhere. I placed an order on December 6th, sent them 2 e-mails during January asking why I hadn't received my order yet, then it finally arrived yesterday out of the blue. Thank goodness my shell situation wasn't urgent, but I'm incredibly disappointed that they never even replied to any of my e-mails or acknowledged in any way the fact that it took over 2 months to ship my order!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:14 am

@texasreb I'm still working on the discount code situation and will let you know as soon as I find something out.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

texasreb

Post by texasreb » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Coolio.
Gentleness without strength is weakness. Strength without gentleness in meanness.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 am

Coupon code has just been renewed for another year, please let us know if it does not work for you. Thanks!
~ crabbing since 2003

texasreb

Post by texasreb » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 am

I just placed an order and the discount worked. Yay for discounts!!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm glad it works now, thanks for letting us know.
~ crabbing since 2003

texasreb

Post by texasreb » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

I had a good experience with this company. I received my shells yesterday and they were exactly what I ordered. Some were teeny-tiny, but I ordered them and the sizing was correct, I was just off on my mental picture of how big they would be. The shipping was quick and the packing was good. All of the shells are in great shape.My only complaint: some of the shells had stickers inside them that said, "made in the Phillipines" I didn't notice these stickers until after I boiled them and I had a heck of a time getting the glue off.