In memory of Peppermint and Pearl

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

In memory of Peppermint and Pearl

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:01 am

Peppermint and Pearl were my first two crabbies. I got them in 1999. They were just two cute. Pearl took a bit of time to warm up to me. But she was just the sweetest thing. I lost her about two years later, during a struggle with humidity. Peppermint was a little bitty guy, but very social, and very sweet. He'd let me hand feed him peanut butter, and if I put a little of it on a carrot in the crabarium, he'd hide it in a corner away from the others. I remember his molts were always super easy. He died around three years after I purchased him. His death was also because of humidity. I feel very very terrible for both deaths. I think I could have prevented them..... There's one more crabbie I want to mention...Schwartzenagger died towards the end of last year. I really don't know why. It took six months before Schwartz would come out, but he never even threatened to pinch me. He was a very good, and sweet crab.