Success!!!

Where to post and/or get advice about your molting hermit crab(s). Includes pre-molting, molting, and post-molting issues.

Topic author
SstWnh13

Success!!!

Post by SstWnh13 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 am

Yay!! I've got two successful molts now. Both crabs are up and back at it again in their new bigger tank. So happy and releived it's over lol. The first molt had me a nervous wreck. Cleaning the sand out for the new tank I found quite a few legs and claw peices. I have them put up for now. Btw I found my 10gal tank at Walmart and it had a lid sitting on top. We did self check out and didn't scan the lid, because we didn't realize it was seperate. It was $13 plus tax for the tank and lid. I got lucky so keep an eye out for steals . Thanks again guys for all your help and advice during this. You all made me feel so much better about it.
Sammichaos- Love my growing family Fiancé- Whitney, Dog- Hershey (10yrs), two crabs- Mr. Krabs& Alexander <3

jenok

Success!!!

Post by jenok » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:47 am

Good for you. The pieces you are finding sound like they may be part of the old exo/skin that didn't get eaten after being shed. If you want you can smash or grind them up to give the crabs for xtra calcium and it also provides some other nutrients.The last of mine just came back up from their 2nd molt maybe 3rd. There was one time they went down for awhile but came back up sooner than the first time and since it wasn't very long after their first I couldn't tell if they pulled a fast 1 month molt or just was down de-stressing.

Topic author
SstWnh13

Success!!!

Post by SstWnh13 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:24 am

I will do that with the rest of the claws. They are adjusting to the bigger tank, but I need more to put in there. Thanks!
Sammichaos- Love my growing family Fiancé- Whitney, Dog- Hershey (10yrs), two crabs- Mr. Krabs& Alexander <3