LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

CallaLily

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by CallaLily » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:50 am

soilentgringa wrote:
CallaLily wrote:I just. I have no words. :doh:
I can't believe that they're still in business.

For real. Or that people keep placing orders with them.

crabbyjo

Post by crabbyjo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi, after reading several pages here I guess it's safe to say that I shouldn't order from live hermits.com. I am so glad I searched before deciding to order some E's. I live in MInneaota & we are going to Texas for the month of January. I have never seen E's in MInneaota & am wondering if any places along our route on our way home from Texas might have them. Has anyone found them at Petcos in Texas? We are staying in Port Aransas, Texas. Thanks for any info you can give me. Also, are there any other online stores that sell E's? I hate the idea of waiting that long before finding some.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:37 pm

I don't care what kind of grand reopening, rebranding, or whatever other schemes they have to make themselves look better...there is no way I would ever, ever, ever, order from them.

I understand that people want exotic crabs. I will never mail order crabs from ANYONE personally (this is just my stance on it, and I do not expect others to share the same outlook on ordering crabs online or having them shipped).

But seriously, NO. Just NO. For years you have shown to be inconsistent and have HORRIFIC customer service.

Also, someone asked why they couldn't open in June? In my area (Texas) June was already way too hot to ship safely. When it is finally safe to ship in Texas, it is already too cold in the rest of the country...and there is no way to tell what states your package is going to get bounced through on the way to your home. It isn't a direct line as the crow flies, by any means. I had packages from Naples Seashells get sent to my home city, then to another state, then to Austin, then back to Dallas.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:04 pm

I followed up on my order and was told:
Thank you for contacting livehermitcrabs.com. The office will be closed from 8/5/16 to 8/10/16. Ecuadorian hermit crabs will be arriving Friday the 12th, and orders will begin to ship the following week. All customers with pending orders will be notified before their orders ship. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
I got that about five minutes ago.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Nate the great wrote:I followed up on my order and was told:
Thank you for contacting livehermitcrabs.com. The office will be closed from 8/5/16 to 8/10/16. Ecuadorian hermit crabs will be arriving Friday the 12th, and orders will begin to ship the following week. All customers with pending orders will be notified before their orders ship. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you.
Omg! It is triple digit weather where I live! Not safe to ship at all right now, not anywhere in the U.S.

I am sorry so many people have invested time and money into this company but after two years of reading how often they have ripped people off, I wish they would just stop. Accept defeat and move on. Refund everyone's money.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:06 am

soilentgringa wrote:
Nate the great wrote:I followed up on my order and was told:
Thank you.
Omg! It is triple digit weather where I live! Not safe to ship at all right now, not anywhere in the U.S.

I am sorry so many people have invested time and money into this company but after two years of reading how often they have ripped people off, I wish they would just stop. Accept defeat and move on. Refund everyone's money.

I don't think it's safe to ship in Virginia, no. We get into the 90s during the day, and delivery trucks are bound to get even hotter than that.

Fortunately I work from home and already have a crabitat for the hermies, but I really hope this is another fake out. I don't know the hermies will arrive alive and healthy.

Optimist1

Post by Optimist1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:00 pm

I have never posted so i hope this is right

I just opened a paypal account with a new credit card
I placed an order to LHC to buy two straws and a
Spray bottle. I was horrified when I accidentally
Found the complaints about LHC. I immediately
Contacted my bank to try to stop the trandaction
They will help me recover the funds thanks to
The vast amounts of complaints on this web site
The bank asked if i had contacted LHC and
Here is the kicker. Their phone number is
631. 555 1212. Which is information!
Not even their phone number. I sure learned
A valuable lesson to check before i buy. Their
Web site fooled me. It looks very legitimate

bbcraft22

blueberry hermits

Post by bbcraft22 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 pm

also, they never seem to have blueberries! Blueberries and strawberries are really pretty, but I think they are forever out of stock with blueberries.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:also, they never seem to have blueberries! Blueberries and strawberries are really pretty, but I think they are forever out of stock with blueberries.
Blueberries are almost impossible to get in the U.S. Okinawan blues are illegal to export from Japan and the only person I know of that has had an export permit for Indonesian blues recently is Felix J. Wang. Most of the time people sell small violas as blues, because they can't tell the difference.

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:10 pm

For those who are still following this drama:

I still don't have my order. LHC has stopped responding to my emails.

jillybeans

Post by jillybeans » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 am

Nate the great wrote:For those who are still following this drama:

I still don't have my order. LHC has stopped responding to my emails.
What kind of crab were you trying to order? I may be able to get straws or E's.

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:53 am

I'm just waiting and hoping that one day I'll walk into a pet store and they'll have Es. I really would like Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Cavipes or Violas (I also like Lilas but I don't think you can get those yet) but I don't really trust the hermit crab websites or the idea of the crabs being sent in the mail, so I'm stuck with either waiting for a pet store to have any of the above or adopting them.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:56 pm

PinchersAndShells wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping that one day I'll walk into a pet store and they'll have Es. I really would like Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Cavipes or Violas (I also like Lilas but I don't think you can get those yet) but I don't really trust the hermit crab websites or the idea of the crabs being sent in the mail, so I'm stuck with either waiting for a pet store to have any of the above or adopting them.
There are no reputable online sources for exotics at this time, to my knowledge.

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:59 pm

PinchersAndShells wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping that one day I'll walk into a pet store and they'll have Es. I really would like Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Cavipes or Violas (I also like Lilas but I don't think you can get those yet) but I don't really trust the hermit crab websites or the idea of the crabs being sent in the mail, so I'm stuck with either waiting for a pet store to have any of the above or adopting them.
I've heard some times e's sneak in at petco and pet smart I'm yet to see one but if i do its tempting but than again I'd need 2 gotta have a species buddy.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 pm

soilentgringa wrote:
There are no reputable online sources for exotics at this time, to my knowledge.

I don't like the idea of them being shipped it seems so inhumane but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk