LiveHermitCrabs.com

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

jillybeans

Re: LiveHermitCrabs.com

Post by jillybeans » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:58 pm

LHC is offering free shipping! Part of me wants to order some violas. Please internet slap me and remind me what a terrible idea it is, because most likely I will never receive them

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:22 am

jillybeans wrote:LHC is offering free shipping! Part of me wants to order some violas. Please internet slap me and remind me what a terrible idea it is, because most likely I will never receive them
My internet slap is in the form of reaching this thread from start to finish! :hlol:
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:23 am

soilentgringa wrote:
PinchersAndShells wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping that one day I'll walk into a pet store and they'll have Es. I really would like Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Cavipes or Violas (I also like Lilas but I don't think you can get those yet) but I don't really trust the hermit crab websites or the idea of the crabs being sent in the mail, so I'm stuck with either waiting for a pet store to have any of the above or adopting them.
There are no reputable online sources for exotics at this time, to my knowledge.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's why I'm just going to wait. If I remember the crab correctly, somehow my school library, which doesn't even take care of the crabs properly, ended up with an E.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:19 am

isadoraisacat wrote:
PinchersAndShells wrote:I'm just waiting and hoping that one day I'll walk into a pet store and they'll have Es. I really would like Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Cavipes or Violas (I also like Lilas but I don't think you can get those yet) but I don't really trust the hermit crab websites or the idea of the crabs being sent in the mail, so I'm stuck with either waiting for a pet store to have any of the above or adopting them.
I've heard some times e's sneak in at petco and pet smart I'm yet to see one but if i do its tempting but than again I'd need 2 gotta have a species buddy.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Must go on the day they get a fresh shipment and go every week for a while as its random. Probably have better luck at petco.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

KellyCrabbieLove

Post by KellyCrabbieLove » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:25 am

The store I got several of mine from didn't get Es this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
#1 rule of crabbing - crabs are weird.
#2 rule of crabbing - see above

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 am

KayedeeLove<3 wrote:
isadoraisacat wrote:
I've heard some times e's sneak in at petco and pet smart I'm yet to see one but if i do its tempting but than again I'd need 2 gotta have a species buddy.

Must go on the day they get a fresh shipment and go every week for a while as its random. Probably have better luck at petco.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
Do you know what days they usually get shipments or is it different per store branch ? Just curious

PinchersAndShells

Post by PinchersAndShells » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 am

isadoraisacat wrote: Do you know what days they usually get shipments or is it different per store branch ? Just curious

I'm assuming that if you walk in and ask the store when they usually get hermit crab shipments they'll tell you, at least the pet store in my town will do that.
4 PPs + 1 E = Dusty, Momo, Merle, Seasalt, & Elvis
2 Captive Bred PPs = Randy & Roxie
75 Gallon Crabitat | Crabbing Since 8.11.2015
https://www.instagram.com/pinchersandshells/

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 am

PinchersAndShells wrote:
isadoraisacat wrote: Do you know what days they usually get shipments or is it different per store branch ? Just curious

I'm assuming that if you walk in and ask the store when they usually get hermit crab shipments they'll tell you, at least the pet store in my town will do that.
Gotcha jist curious i don't want e's just curious is be afraid they would kill my crabs. Just wondering is all

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:51 am

jillybeans wrote:LHC is offering free shipping! Part of me wants to order some violas. Please internet slap me and remind me what a terrible idea it is, because most likely I will never receive them
Don't do it. It isn't even safe to ship right now.

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:25 am

soilentgringa wrote:
Don't do it. It isn't even safe to ship right now.

It's not safe and not to mention i hear their a ripp off and take your money and no crabs

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Nate the great wrote:For those who are still following this drama:

I still don't have my order. LHC has stopped responding to my emails.
I ordered in June, and I still don't have my order.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Nate the great wrote:
Nate the great wrote:For those who are still following this drama:

I still don't have my order. LHC has stopped responding to my emails.
I ordered in June, and I still don't have my order.
Might as well. Call your bank from. What I've heard their a ripp off take your money and never send your crabs. Sorry these guys seem to have a HUGE record for being scam artists

Nate the great

Post by Nate the great » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:06 pm

isadoraisacat wrote: Might as well. Call your bank from. What I've heard their a ripp off take your money and never send your crabs. Sorry these guys seem to have a HUGE record for being scam artists

I paid through Paypal. The payment was never processed because the seller never marked it as shipped.
Currently the caretaker for:
Six hermies in 37G bow front, and two more in a ten-gallon tank.

I build websites, and blog about ebooks.

isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:19 am

Nate the great wrote:
isadoraisacat wrote: Might as well. Call your bank from. What I've heard their a ripp off take your money and never send your crabs. Sorry these guys seem to have a HUGE record for being scam artists

I paid through Paypal. The payment was never processed because the seller never marked it as shipped.
Ok maybe contact PayPal and cancel the transaction just regardless i doubt you will get the crabs no one does from this place.

Crabinski

Post by Crabinski » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:00 pm

All you can do, Nate, is send LiveHermitCrabs.com an email, cc-ing PayPal, officially canceling your order on the grounds of nonfulfillment after a reasonable amount of time. At least you'll have it on record that you've acted in good faith in case LHC.com tries to bill you at a later date.
PPs are Big Enzo, Charles Paris and Mr Pinch
On the Big Beach in the Sky: Murray, Gino, Oscar, Gordon, Ignatz, Harry and King Felix the Pale
Also Mom to Imogene the Syrian Hamster