Double-dish bubbler pics, yo!

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 am

Hopefully I'm not just repeating a better, pre-existent post, but I thought I'd throw up a quick referrence as to the visual how's of a bubbler system in a double container-pool. We recommend this all the time, but I've noticed it baffles newbies - unsurprisingly!

(Sometimes I rush to post answers, so I figure a quick picture link is worth a thousand poorly explained words! :roll: )

So, you need:

Materials:
1. An air pump... stores or online places that sell aquarium stuff will have these. Some are noisier than others.
2. Air tubing. Also aquarium supplies.
3. Air stone... different shapes exist... all will get the job done, so don't stress.
4. A pair of nesting containers: food containers work well.

Optional: a splitter or fancy gang valve for turning an air line for one pool (fresh or salt) into a bubbler for two pools (both fresh & salt). Ask people how best to do this, it's easy, but opinions vary.

Stick one end of the airline to the hole in the pump:

Stick the other on the airstone:

Then put rocks (or whatever) in the container that wont have water in it... bury it in the sub.

Next, take the container that will have water in it, and place this container in the buried one.

Add water.

Add bubbler, plug in, and voila! Improved humidity - just make sure the lid is good & sealed, or your humidity will escape!!

"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

daws409

Re: Double-dish bubbler pics, yo!

Post by daws409 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:26 am

Great tutorial for newbies!

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 am

Love the title! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermias_mom

Post by Hermias_mom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am

Awesome tutorial! Thanks!!!
4PPs and tons of FUN in a 29 gallon!
Hermia(F), Helena(F), Branch(M), and Tiger (M)
RIP Athena

Hermiearth

Post by Hermiearth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks this should help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daws409

Post by daws409 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Can admin pin this in DIY section or Humidity section?? I think it's a great tutorial for beginners or for those struggling with humidity.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
Last edited by daws409 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crabbing since Dec. 2010!
35 Crabbies - 28 PP's, 2 E's, 2 Straw's, 1 Viola, & 2 Indo's

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm

I dunno if the pics are good enough quality to warrant it. :roll:
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:56 am

Is there a way to set up to go to both my water dishes, or do you have to have separate air pumps?

Hermiearth

Post by Hermiearth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:13 am

Giner13 wrote:Is there a way to set up to go to both my water dishes, or do you have to have separate air pumps?

You can use an air pump splitter, but this just cuts how much air will be going into each pool in half. So I would recommend 2.

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:32 am

Hermiearth wrote:
Giner13 wrote:Is there a way to set up to go to both my water dishes, or do you have to have separate air pumps?

You can use an air pump splitter, but this just cuts how much air will be going into each pool in half. So I would recommend 2.

ImageImageImageImage

Topic author
LadyJinglyJones

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 pm

A gang valve supposedly gives you more control, but I've never used one, so didn't include anything much about them.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:44 pm

They make dual air pumps. It's an air pump with two out puts. That is what I use for both of my crabitats.

Here is one: https://smile.amazon.com/EcoPlus-Eco-Ai ... l+air+pump

Here is another model: https://smile.amazon.com/Tetra-77854-Wh ... l+air+pump
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Hermie225

Post by Hermie225 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 am

Great graphic and description, something like that would have been most useful when I first started out! Great job Lady! :)
Let me just throw in my setup and experience to add-on to this.
I use one small air pump with a splitter and control valve for my two pools. Works great and doesn't take up more space having two pumps or electricity, as little as it may use. Having the control valve really was a good investment for the $1 it cost, I've never needed to have the pump on full blast. In fact when it's turned up to high, water oversprays and over time that constant overspray could cause a flood in the tank.
I put my control valve right at the end where the line goes into the pump, can take pics if anyone wants to see.
Last edited by Hermie225 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giner13

Post by Giner13 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:05 am

Hermie225 wrote:Great graphic and description, something like that would have been most useful when I first started out! Great job Lady! :)
I use one small hair pump with a splitter and control valve for my two pools. Works great and doesn't take up more space having two pumps or electricity, as little as it may use. Having the control valve really was a good investment for the $1 it cost, I've never needed to have the pump on full blast. In face when it's turned up to high, water oversprays and over time that constant overspray could cause a flood in the tank.
I put my control valve right at the end where the line goes into the pump, can take pics if anyone wants to see.
Sure please do!
I'm trying to figure out what setup would work best for me.

Hermie225

Post by Hermie225 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:17 am

Giner13 wrote:
Hermie225 wrote:Great graphic and description, something like that would have been most useful when I first started out! Great job Lady! :)
I use one small hair pump with a splitter and control valve for my two pools. Works great and doesn't take up more space having two pumps or electricity, as little as it may use. Having the control valve really was a good investment for the $1 it cost, I've never needed to have the pump on full blast. In face when it's turned up to high, water oversprays and over time that constant overspray could cause a flood in the tank.
Sure please do!
I'm trying to figure out what setup would work best for me.

Here are photos of my pump and pools- Image
^ that is the control valve