Large crab attacked but other crab. Twice over shell

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Re: Large crab attacked but other crab. Twice over shell

Post by StarGirlxo » Mon May 21, 2018 6:26 pm

StarGirlxo wrote:He is doing well so far. He gets fresh and salt water 2times a day and fed twice as well. Seems to be in good spirits. He just hangs out in his little keeper iso the other crabs walk up to it so he gets visits. Lol. He's as well as he can be. I'll feel better when he gets jelly legs and goes to molt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The great thing is that he is alive :)

leah610

Post by leah610 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 am

We're rooting for him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 am

I'm glad he is doing good! In the one post he reminds me of a little old man because it looks like he has a little hair on his head - so cute - great job! We are all rooting for him! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 am

GotButterflies wrote:I'm glad he is doing good! In the one post he reminds me of a little old man because it looks like he has a little hair on his head - so cute - great job! We are all rooting for him! :)
The only prob is the dried up food mush on his leg now. Hes a messy eater I try and scrape it off but he don't like that so I leave it be I do get some off but not all

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 pm

StarGirlxo wrote:
GotButterflies wrote:I'm glad he is doing good! In the one post he reminds me of a little old man because it looks like he has a little hair on his head - so cute - great job! We are all rooting for him! :)
The only prob is the dried up food mush on his leg now. Hes a messy eater I try and scrape it off but he don't like that so I leave it be I do get some off but not all

What about after you put him in the water? It should come off easier after that. :)

Edit: Also, don't worry too much about it - when he molts that exoskeleton will come off :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am

GotButterflies wrote:
StarGirlxo wrote:

What about after you put him in the water? It should come off easier after that. :)

Edit: Also, don't worry too much about it - when he molts that exoskeleton will come off :)
Yea its pretty crusted lol it comes off some but not all. Yea I'm not worried I know it will come off in molt ImageImage

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Wed May 23, 2018 3:39 pm

WE GOT JELLY LEGS!!!!!!ImageImage

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 am

Enjoying his food mush. I added fish oil a week ago. He has a more positive reaction to his food now. And I'm guessing it also helped the jelly legs to sprout Image

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 am

Yeah on the jelly legs! :banana: Great job!!!

Wow...he does have a lot of food crusted on him! @Wodesorel for ideas...

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 am

GotButterflies wrote:Yeah on the jelly legs! :banana: Great job!!!

Wow...he does have a lot of food crusted on him! @Wodesorel for ideas...
I'm just afraid of being aggressive with the legs he has left. It doesn't seem to bother him but I do try and scrape some off when he's relaxed then he pulls in like stop it.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 am

Totally understandable!! Definitely don't want to stress him out!! :)

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Tue May 29, 2018 9:57 am

Anyone know when he will go molt? now that jelly legs have sprouted. Im.going to Chicago for 6 days next week. And I don't know if the sitter should just leave him be till I get home. But I'm sure besides feeding him daily he will need to be watered just didn't know to disturb him too much as I think this will be a surface molt when it happens. And she doesn't know the signs.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue May 29, 2018 6:34 pm

I've honestly never dealt with a situation like this before. @Wodesorel @Soilentgringa I hope that one of them knows and can help you!

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Tue May 29, 2018 6:36 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I've honestly never dealt with a situation like this before. @Wodesorel @Soilentgringa I hope that one of them knows and can help you!
Thank you. I've gotten some input from someone out side the forum who was in the same situation but I'm open to other suggestions as well

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Sunshine started fussing and refusing food right before she was ready to molt. She also kept spinning herself around and knocking herself onto her back. At that point I covered her with a cocohut and left her alone for one week. I did water and food then - just in case - and she refused both so I left her alone for another week and peaked in just to check, she had shed! I then treated her like any other crab and allowed her to molt unaided and dig out of the cocohut on her own.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram