Tanks

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
Tazz9040

Tanks

Post by Tazz9040 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:44 am

Here I go again since I've been a new crab owner and worry about my new friends every day and I think I drive my wife nuts over it I'm always thinking of new ideas to make my little buddies happy even though they come out at night and only get to see them for a few min in the morn wich is around 6am ...here is a thought and a crazy idea anyone ever try to take 2 10 gallon tanks and take one side off and rejoin it to the other tank I'm thinking of doing this just to see if it would work I know the glue that holds the glass I'd have to get the aquarium silicone but when I join them together I'm a lol concerned about the underside what can I put underside on the bottom to shore it up basically to make stronger if it needs moved.... :crabbigsmile:

Hermiesguardian

Re: Tanks

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am

Tazz9040 wrote:Here I go again since I've been a new crab owner and worry about my new friends every day and I think I drive my wife nuts over it I'm always thinking of new ideas to make my little buddies happy even though they come out at night and only get to see them for a few min in the morn wich is around 6am ...here is a thought and a crazy idea anyone ever try to take 2 10 gallon tanks and take one side off and rejoin it to the other tank I'm thinking of doing this just to see if it would work I know the glue that holds the glass I'd have to get the aquarium silicone but when I join them together I'm a lol concerned about the underside what can I put underside on the bottom to shore it up basically to make stronger if it needs moved.... :crabbigsmile:
Side by side? Why not just get a larger tank? You can find really good deals on certain apps, like Letgo and Offerup.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Tazz9040

Post by Tazz9040 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
Tazz9040 wrote:Here I go again since I've been a new crab owner and worry about my new friends every day and I think I drive my wife nuts over it I'm always thinking of new ideas to make my little buddies happy even though they come out at night and only get to see them for a few min in the morn wich is around 6am ...here is a thought and a crazy idea anyone ever try to take 2 10 gallon tanks and take one side off and rejoin it to the other tank I'm thinking of doing this just to see if it would work I know the glue that holds the glass I'd have to get the aquarium silicone but when I join them together I'm a lol concerned about the underside what can I put underside on the bottom to shore it up basically to make stronger if it needs moved.... :crabbigsmile:
Side by side? Why not just get a larger tank? You can find really good deals on certain apps, like Letgo and Offerup.
I know I'm the kind of person like to build things and come up with crazy ideas plus been looking around for tanks (used) people want new prices for them I look every day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:38 am

Just keep in mind that a 10 gallon is very shallow and does not allow for much substrate depth. It would not give any molting benefits for larger crabs.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Tazz9040 wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:
I know I'm the kind of person like to build things and come up with crazy ideas plus been looking around for tanks (used) people want new prices for them I look every day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
We got a 75 gal for $40. It's for my husband's dream of a saltwater fishtank. I've also gotten a 90 gal with stand for $200.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi