Jute twine

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Neemie

Jute twine

Post by Neemie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:48 pm

I want to make some netting I could hang around the tank so my crabs have some more things to climb on, and hopefully something that I could wrap around some popsicle sticks/dowels to hold them together for a second level. Is this one okay? I don't want to order it and it ends up being a huge waste! :0Image

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

ciaraalston

Re: Jute twine

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:56 pm

I bought a huge roll of jute twine at Wal-Mart for $2 and I used it to make several items for my tank and I still have half a roll left. So far my crabs haven't had any problems with it.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
Neemie

Post by Neemie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Sounds good. How do you know whether or not a netting is safe to use in the tank?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

heyitseggs2

Post by heyitseggs2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:50 am

I'm not sure what you mean by netting but a net for them to climb on is totally safe and will make them really happy :D
sophia
rio (pp, male)
malibu (pp, female)
angeles (pp, female)
lover of saxophone, guitar, soccer, and of course hermit crabs!