Store review - TheHealthyHermit (Etsy)

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
ciaraalston

Store review - TheHealthyHermit (Etsy)

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Hey admins, please delete if not allowed.

For any new folks that are looking for a place to shop for truly organic hermit crab food/items for the tank.... y'all check out TheHealthyHermit on etsy! The store belongs to @GotButterflies and it's truly an amazing place! I've made several orders already, I'm currently waiting by the mailbox for my most recent one. Her customer service is out of this world!! My crabs love everything I serve them from her store, especially the fruity flowers mix. Everytime I serve that specific mix, the food bowl is EMPTY by morning.
I made an entire 23 day rotation feeding schedule off of everything I ordered. She even checked on me after the storm, luckily it missed us completely besides a little rain, but she made sure to check in!! It means a lot!

You can buy organic foods from local stores, or make it yourself. There's lots of options. Personally, my options are limited where I am, and I love supporting friends in their businesses anyway, so her store is perfect for me. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it! I'll let y'all know when my latest order arrives!!! Should be within a week.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

soilentgringa

Re: Store review

Post by soilentgringa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 pm

I moved your post to the DIY and Store Reviews thread.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:13 pm

soilentgringa wrote:I moved your post to the DIY and Store Reviews thread.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I thought i had seen a thread for store reviews but I couldn't find it. Lol. Thank you Image

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:56 pm

That is very nice of you to say Ciara! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Hey y'all, my order arrived!!!! Everything is so perfect!! Here's some pics Image
I forgot to get a pic of all the small bags laid out and the other items. I'll post a link to the video when I finish it ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm

ciaraalston wrote:Hey admins, please delete if not allowed.

For any new folks that are looking for a place to shop for truly organic hermit crab food/items for the tank.... y'all check out TheHealthyHermit on etsy! The store belongs to @GotButterflies and it's truly an amazing place! I've made several orders already, I'm currently waiting by the mailbox for my most recent one. Her customer service is out of this world!! My crabs love everything I serve them from her store, especially the fruity flowers mix. Everytime I serve that specific mix, the food bowl is EMPTY by morning.
I made an entire 23 day rotation feeding schedule off of everything I ordered. She even checked on me after the storm, luckily it missed us completely besides a little rain, but she made sure to check in!! It means a lot!

You can buy organic foods from local stores, or make it yourself. There's lots of options. Personally, my options are limited where I am, and I love supporting friends in their businesses anyway, so her store is perfect for me. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it! I'll let y'all know when my latest order arrives!!! Should be within a week.

I agree! I just placed an order a little bit ago...forgot the fruity flowers mix grrrr
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 pm

I just put my first order in! I’ve tried other shops and occasionally bought a few things here and there. I just got to looking at her shop tonight and definitely went a little overboard ordering things Can’t wait until it gets here!

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm so glad! Y'all post pics when yall get the orders in!

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:05 pm

GotButterflies wrote:That is very nice of you to say Ciara! Thank you! Image

Here's tonight's menu. I checked about 5 hours later and they devoured it!!!

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 pm

ha_haley wrote:I just put my first order in! I’ve tried other shops and occasionally bought a few things here and there. I just got to looking at her shop tonight and definitely went a little overboard ordering things ImageImage Can’t wait until it gets here!

I went a tad crazy too....although I could have gone MUCH crazier lol
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:21 pm

ciaraalston wrote:

Omg I’m so much more excited for what I ordered now! I want a devour nation too! Lol

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:48 am

fandt94 wrote:
Omg I’m so much more excited for what I ordered now! I want a devour nation too! Lol
It normally takes them 2 days to clean out a food dish. I was shocked when i saw this!

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:11 am

ciaraalston wrote:
fandt94 wrote:
It normally takes them 2 days to clean out a food dish. I was shocked when i saw this!
It's hard to tell with mine... I'm still a newbie though. I've seen them partake and then for days nothing seems touched then again I also leave tidbits around not in the dish so Lord knows what is happening now. I've had to use all dried lately because of a fruit fly problem in my house and fresh stuff in there has only made it worse. I'm really looking forward to the stuff I ordered though because it's beyond just the basics I ordered before from THCB.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Topic author
ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:52 am

fandt94 wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:
fandt94 wrote:
It's hard to tell with mine... I'm still a newbie though. I've seen them partake and then for days nothing seems touched then again I also leave tidbits around not in the dish so Lord knows what is happening now. I've had to use all dried lately because of a fruit fly problem in my house and fresh stuff in there has only made it worse. I'm really looking forward to the stuff I ordered though because it's beyond just the basics I ordered before from THCB.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mine are the same way. They actually don't mess with fresh foods. Anytime i serve corn on the cob, fresh raspberries, or any other fresh food, they don't touch it. They only eat dried food, and will drag some fresh coconut around the tank. So i gave up fresh foods and just stick with dried mixes. Maybe some day that will change, i'll keep trying on occasion.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:36 am

ciaraalston wrote:

Oh my goodness ~ love the before and after photo! I’m dying!!! Hilarious Image I think they like what you picked for them!!! <3

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com