New food dish

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
fandt94

New food dish

Post by fandt94 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Got my new food dish and I absolutely love it!!! Thank you mlakers!!!! Image

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

RiNiKy506

Re: New food dish

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Very pretty!

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

ha_haley

Post by ha_haley » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:19 pm

I love these dishes I’ve ordered two now. They really help with telling which foods the crabs like and don’t like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 pm

fandt94 wrote:Got my new food dish and I absolutely love it!!! Thank you mlakers!!!! Image

Very nice!!! How long does this measure and would you provide a link for where you got it?

RiNiKy506

New food dish

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:37 pm

I hope I do this right.
https://etsy.me/2Jox2IO

I have one too, I love it! In her description it says they are approximately 5 in., there are other colors and styles. I want to get a flower one next, I think she may be out of the flower ones.

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:46 pm

So jealous, I've been wanting to order one for so long! I'll get my hands on one eventually.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I hope I do this right.

I have one too, I love it! In her description it says they are approximately 5 in., there are other colors and styles. I want to get a flower one next, I think she may be out of the flower ones.
Makes me want to make my own. I wonder if baked sculpey would be safe for crabs. I'll have to do some research. Now you have me thinking!

Topic author
fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I hope I do this right.

You did it right! :wink:

I love the dish because it separates the food well and it doesn’t take up much space! I think I may get another haha!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:04 am

How’s the new dish (for everyone who got one)? Thinking of getting one myself. How do the crabs like the separation? Do you find them topping it over at all? Spilling food out? Thanks!

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 am

LeeHasCrabs wrote:How’s the new dish (for everyone who got one)? Thinking of getting one myself. How do the crabs like the separation? Do you find them topping it over at all? Spilling food out? Thanks!

I bought some painters plates from the dollar tree. It's 6 separated cups in a little plastic plate. (Nothing as fancy and beautiful as MAkers bowls though!)
My crabs love it, and I love how I'm able to see what they liked and didn't like.
I'm currently feeding from separate shells though. I felt that my crabs were getting bored with the same food dish in the same spot everyday so I put each food in a different shell and place them around the tank near the heater. They love it Image

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 am

ciaraalston wrote:
LeeHasCrabs wrote:How’s the new dish (for everyone who got one)? Thinking of getting one myself. How do the crabs like the separation? Do you find them topping it over at all? Spilling food out? Thanks!

I bought some painters plates from the dollar tree. It's 6 separated cups in a little plastic plate. (Nothing as fancy and beautiful as MAkers bowls though!)
My crabs love it, and I love how I'm able to see what they liked and didn't like.
I'm currently feeding from separate shells though. I felt that my crabs were getting bored with the same food dish in the same spot everyday so I put each food in a different shell and place them around the tank near the heater. They love it Image

I like the random food placement idea in shells! Keep it interesting!

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:22 am

Mine love it! Especially Crabina, she sits and guards it most of the night. I need to get another one so little Crabina can have one to herself.

LeeHasCrabs

Post by LeeHasCrabs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:Mine love it! Especially Crabina, she sits and guards it most of the night. I need to get another one so little Crabina can have one to herself.

Very cool. Am considering buying one (was gonna make it but for how cheap they are it won't be worth my time and cost).

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 pm

LeeHasCrabs wrote:
Very cool. Am considering buying one (was gonna make it but for how cheap they are it won't be worth my time and cost).
I promise you won’t be disappointed. Plus you’ll be supporting the HCA members, that’s always a good thing. Image

Moniris

Post by Moniris » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 pm

fandt94 wrote:Got my new food dish and I absolutely love it!!! Thank you mlakers!!!! Image

I liked yours so much, I decided to get my own! :) Just received it and it's super cool, I'm certain my crabs are going to love it!

Also came with a handwritten thank you note, which was awesome :D
Tamatoa ◆ Possum ◆ Apollo ◆ Racer
Instagram: @home_defense_crabs