I HAVE ZOEAE!!!!!

This area is dedicated to the pioneers who have captive bred crabs, and for those who wish to learn more or attempt it themselves. Also for inquiring about the gender of your crabs.

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I HAVE ZOEA!!!!!

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello everyone! My nanno came in on Tuesday, so the zoeae only went 24 hours without it. They are doing well! They have gone through 2 sheds now. Water changes take forever. I've been using Mary's idea of dumping my old water into a 5 gallon bucket when I'm seeing spiral eyes looking for babies in the water that I have siphoned out. Sorry I haven't been as active on the HCA as I normally am. I've been posting daily videos of the zoeae on my youtube channel. :cloud9:
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:07 am

Glad to hear that they did fine without food and still moulted in the meantime! Really happy to hear things are still going well!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Amlesa

Post by Amlesa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:43 am

Way to go! It seems like a ton of work, best of luck to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 am

You can see them so well! How’d you get it to highlight them so clearly?

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:14 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Glad to hear that they did fine without food and still moulted in the meantime! Really happy to hear things are still going well!
They have had food ;) The nanno is just one source of food that is available at all times to them :) It also is what makes the water green :)

Edit: They also only went 24 hours without the nanno ;)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Amlesa wrote:Way to go! It seems like a ton of work, best of luck to ya!
It is a lot of work...to say the least! Thank you for the well wishes!! I need them!! :)

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:You can see them so well! How’d you get it to highlight them so clearly?
Idk...just using my iPhone :)

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Well...today marks one week since I discovered the zoeae this go around! :) They are either 7 days or 8 days old. They are doing great other than they are definitely going after one another! I have increased the feedings and I still watch them go after one another. Nothing I can do about it really. It is what it is. They are eating everything I fed before other than I added the little orange jar of dead artemia. They like those. The downside to them is they cloud the water, so I prefer not to feed that to them. ;)

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:11 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Wow! Your phone takes very good pictures! A lot of the time the zoeae look like little specs, you can see them very well in your phone pictures.

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:
GotButterflies wrote:
Wow! Your phone takes very good pictures! A lot of the time the zoeae look like little specs, you can see them very well in your phone pictures.
Thank you :) It's just an iPhone 6plus :)

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:19 pm

I have an iPhone, I must not know how to use it right! I can never get pictures to turn out like that! I have one good picture of my two year old, in the portrait mode, only good one I’ve been able to get! Lol!

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:16 am

OH MY WORD....AND THEN THERE WERE TWO...BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I went to remove some fresh papaya I put from my garden in the tank and low and behold...MORE ZOEAE in the msw pool. I AM GOING TO GO EVEN MORE SPIRAL EYED. Just had to jump on here and share. I have got to add a third wheel to that tank. Those Es must be BORED!! My friends said I need to stop the Marvin Gaye music!! LOL AAAGGHHH...must go finish with transferring. Please send well wishes!! I'm going to go broke and insane doing this!!!!! LOL!!!!!

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:24 am

Awesome! Congratulations! You can do this! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Don’t go crazy while your at it.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 am

GotButterflies wrote:
aussieJJDude wrote:Glad to hear that they did fine without food and still moulted in the meantime! Really happy to hear things are still going well!
They have had food ;) The nanno is just one source of food that is available at all times to them :) It also is what makes the water green :)

Edit: They also only went 24 hours without the nanno ;)
Oh... I meant when they ran outta Nanno! But glad to hear they did well - and congrats on the new batch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Thank you! :)