How do I make a ramp?

For presenting do-it-yourself projects for your crabitat and for discussing and displaying custom built crabitats. Also for questions and reviews on equipment and products. *Stores and their reviews now have their own section in Classifieds*

Topic author
Huckleberry

How do I make a ramp?

Post by Huckleberry » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:02 pm

I recently got some nice new water dishes for my tank, they are glass vases that are around 8"x8"x8". I was initally thinking of using the craft mesh method that people use in their water dishes, but it has occurred to me that there is nowhere to zip tie them on! What should I use to make a ramp? I want my water dishes to stay nice and deep, but make sure my crabbies can easily get out. Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Proud crabber since 2009! I am so glad I found this site, I have learned so much about hermit crabs since joining. They are so much happier and healthier now! Thank you HCA!

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How do I make a ramp?

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:31 am

Why not just craft mesh zip tied onto a pice of rock or something out of the pool?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Huckleberry

Re: How do I make a ramp?

Post by Huckleberry » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:Why not just craft mesh zip tied onto a pice of rock or something out of the pool?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you! I'll try that! :)
Proud crabber since 2009! I am so glad I found this site, I have learned so much about hermit crabs since joining. They are so much happier and healthier now! Thank you HCA!