Large crab attacked but other crab. Twice over shell

Please post here if you are having a crab care emergency! Use a real subject and not just "HELP!"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Large crab attacked but other crab. Twice over shell

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Wow! :crabbigsmile:
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

UPDATE. CLYDE IS STILL ALIVE
He molted again. And he actually moved himself. Turned himself around under coconut shell. He seems to want to be left alone for the time being he's pulled back in his shell doesn't want the attention. I check on him every few days. I put him in his water bowls but he dosen't come out I let some spill in his shell so he can have some for later.
What a will to live. I think his feeding claw is working now. That big claw is still there but he's shedding some every time he molts it is what it is.
He may not be doing it right but he is alive. That's what matters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:00 am

Update

Update. Clyde is doing well. His last molt weeks ago , he was able to start digging again. He's still quarantined from the rest. But he molted again last night. My husband and I leave for Michigan today, I figured let me put him under his coconut cave while we are away, BUT 2 days ago lol we leave today and come home next Monday night so I'm hoping he eats his legs slow and I'll free him when we get back. I had him out and about with no coconut cave for a bit moving around So I hope he's content I have a friend and family watching over them and other pets so it should be fine.
He's doing very well and I hope he can rejoin the big tank soon it will be a while more though I feel the 2 legs left originally are still being worked on he never dropped them his big claw still needs to heal. Each time some sheds so one day he will just have a new one. I'm happy his feeding claw is back.

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:04 pm

StarGirlxo wrote:Update

Update. Clyde is doing well. His last molt weeks ago , he was able to start digging again. He's still quarantined from the rest. But he molted again last night. My husband and I leave for Michigan today, I figured let me put him under his coconut cave while we are away, BUT 2 days ago lol we leave today and come home next Monday night so I'm hoping he eats his legs slow and I'll free him when we get back. I had him out and about with no coconut cave for a bit moving around So I hope he's content I have a friend and family watching over them and other pets so it should be fine.
He's doing very well and I hope he can rejoin the big tank soon it will be a while more though I feel the 2 legs left originally are still being worked on he never dropped them his big claw still needs to heal. Each time some sheds so one day he will just have a new one. I'm happy his feeding claw is back.

Glad he is still doing well! It gives me hope for one of mine that I’m *nursing* who has been suffering from PPS most likely...he is very slowly making progress so I’m hoping not too much damage has been done and he continues to gain enough strength to molt soon. Hope your guy continues to heal and do well!
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

fandt94 wrote:
StarGirlxo wrote:Update

Glad he is still doing well! It gives me hope for one of mine that I’m *nursing* who has been suffering from PPS most likely...he is very slowly making progress so I’m hoping not too much damage has been done and he continues to gain enough strength to molt soon. Hope your guy continues to heal and do well!
My crab was attacked and lost all his legs except 2. Its different from pps. But still don't give up on your crab

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:06 am

Clyde did not survive his last molt. He was completely healed. Such a shame after all his Been through. I don't know what went wrong but I know this time of year is hard for them. After everything he went through what a way for him to go.
He will be greatly missed. Image

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:09 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, he is beautiful.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

Topic author
StarGirlxo

Post by StarGirlxo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:28 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I am so sorry for your loss, he is beautiful. Image

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Thank you.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:45 am

I'm so sorry! You two fought so hard. These guys molt on stored energy, and when there's been a major health issue that messes with their stores, it can catch up to them later on.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 pm

I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes all we can do is try.
I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom