Buythesea & Question about sea urchin spines -Please advise!!

For topics on hermit crab related stores, and member reviews of them. Also for asking where to find an item. Retailers, please read the sticky regarding our rules before posting!

Topic author
hyelah1990

Buythesea & Question about sea urchin spines -Please advise!!

Post by hyelah1990 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:25 am

Has anyone shopped @ Buytheseaonline? I got some shells from there and was only some change away from free shipping... So I threw a few sea urchin spines in. Didn't think about it until I went to put one in my tank tonight, but I'm not sure if the are treated with anything or if they are safe. I couldn't find any info on the site about it. Just wondering if anyone here might know. I also want to add that six of my shells arrived with holes in them, I sent them an email but haven't heard anything back yet. I also placed another order for more shells (because it was such a good deal) and left a message for them there about the holes in my first order of shells. I haven't even bothered to ask if the urchin spines were treated because, well... They haven't even answered me about my useless shells. I guess I will give them a few more days to respond. I didn't give the urchin spines to my crabbies just to be on the safe side, but I would like to know either way.
Last edited by hyelah1990 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
hyelah1990

Re: Buythesea

Post by hyelah1990 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 am

Still wondering about the sea urchin spines if anyone has any idea...

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Buythesea & Question about sea urchin spines -Please advise!!

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:07 pm

Sea Urchin Spines are typically not treated with anything. I sell them in my store. (My store is currently on vacation). To play it safe, you could always boil it first :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

BuytheSeaOnline

Re: Buythesea & Question about sea urchin spines -Please advise!!

Post by BuytheSeaOnline » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 pm

I work for Buytheseaonline not sure about your emails to us, but as for the shells they are clean not treated. Thank you stay safe