Green turbo

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Green turbo

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 am

I just recieved some green turbo shells for my 2 little guys (that are molting right now). I was just wondering if anybody else has green turbo shells and if their crabs like them or not. Both my little fellas are buried right now so I haven't had the chance to see them fiddle with the shells yet. ( I have already boiled the shells as well)

:molted::
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Hermiesguardian

Re: Green turbo

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am

Some of mine are in green turbos.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:10 am

scuttlecrusty22 wrote:I just recieved some green turbo shells for my 2 little guys (that are molting right now). I was just wondering if anybody else has green turbo shells and if their crabs like them or not. Both my little fellas are buried right now so I haven't had the chance to see them fiddle with the shells yet. ( I have already boiled the shells as well)

:molted::
I have green turbos and literally ALL of my guys are in green turbos. They seem to be preferred over any other turbos I have in. My guys also have used gold mouth turbos, but greens are definitely their favorites.

5 PPs: Koa, Moja, Siam, Chella, and Ozark

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:01 pm

We have several crabs in green turbos as well. The green and tapestry turbos seem like all our crabs go to shells. They seem to really prefer the ones that are banded or carved with palm trees and dolphins over the standard ones. I believe that is due to them being a little lighter in weight. Maybe they just like the bling too! I found that leaving a little bit of salt water inside the shells really attracts crabs to them too!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Mine prefer green turbos as well as their current shells
I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:39 pm

My crew loves the green turbos and the tapestry turbos. I think they will be very happy to see their new shells.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Who♡Fearless♡Crimson♡LittleBit

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 am

:clap: Awesome thank you all so much!!!! I'm very excited for my crabs to change out of their nasty pet store painted shells.

:smile:: :molted:: :sleepy:: :wink::
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 am

scuttlecrusty22 wrote::clap: Awesome thank you all so much!!!! I'm very excited for my crabs to change out of their nasty pet store painted shells.

Image: :molted:: :sleepy:: :wink::
Are you gonna toss out the shells or keep them? A few others and I have kept them, kind of like a baby's first clothes...or at least I think that's what they said Image

5 PPs: Koa, Moja, Siam, Chella, and Ozark

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:14 am

:lol: I think I will keep them on the outside of their tank for decoration!!! :wink: Just to remember how small they used to be.

:crabbigsmile: :crabblush:

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:16 am

scuttlecrusty22 wrote::lol: I think I will keep them on the outside of their tank for decoration!!! :wink: Just to remember how small they used to be.

:crabbigsmile: :crabblush:
That’s what I do, although I have them put up now bc we’re moving in the next few months and I wanted to know right where they were. Already looking back they’ve gotten so much bigger.

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«
Who♡Fearless♡Crimson♡LittleBit

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm

I like to keep mine too. Kind of like baby teeth, but shells.
I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:56 am

I have only seen one of my crabs take a green turbo, and it didn't wear it for very long at all, maybe a couple of days at a time. Now all of my PP's all wear the same type of shell, and it's this turbo in the picture.

Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP