Under-tank Heater

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Under-tank Heater

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am

I recently purchased a heater for my hermit crab tank, but when I recieved it I noticed there was NO side with sticky adhesive. I don't want to put the heater on the bottom of the tank because It will hardy do them any good and it is very risky and dangerous. Anyway for my question.... does anyone know what kind of adhesive I should use to stick the heater to the back of the crabitat? I really don't want to buy another heater just because this one doesn't have adhesive already on it :cry:. Heaters aren't cheap and I'm in no place to throw my money around :hlol:. I appreciate anyone who can help me out with my situation. Thanks Crabbers!!!

:crabbigsmile: :crabblush:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Under-tank Heater

Post by curlysister » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:36 am

I have used Electrical tape and duct tape with no issues. I just put it around the edges, not right over top of the pad.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 am

I attach my heaters with duct tape to the back of my tanks, but i do not tape past the clear laminated part of the ultratherm.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

Topic author
scuttlecrusty22

Post by scuttlecrusty22 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 am

Ok thank you guys so much!!! I'm glad to hear this will be a quick fix :cloud9: :clap: :lol:

:crabbigsmile: :crabblush:
(Scuttle, Crusty) crabs, (Buster,Ruby) chihuahuas, (Bugs) goat, (Echo) betta fish (Skittles,Sky) parakeets

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Please note for anyone reading this thread that you should never place the heater on the bottom of your tank. They should only go on the back or on the side.

I personally recommend packaging tape, duct tape or reflectix tape. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com