New setup

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
RiNiKy506

New setup

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 am

Finally got everything back together. Wanted to share, it came out pretty good. Sucks I have to do this again when we move in the next month or so, I’ll be setting up my 55 then.

My little lagoon fit inside my hide/dish, so I was happy about that bc when I bought it I thought about using it for water then realized once they hide under it, I won’t want to disturb them. I had made a post about what I should do with it but was glad the little lagoon fit inside. I’ll probably use it for leaves when I put it in my 55, but for now to save some ground space have the lagoon with fresh water.
Couple new additions...
This little one is soo tiny!
This one was soo active and super friendly, I couldn’t pass him up. He’s got broken leg tips on each leg closest to his pinchers, he should regen in his molt.

The teeny one makes the other even look big!

Salty my medium crab looks like a giant!

I didn’t think the one really small one was going to make it, he didn’t come out or move when I got him and he didn’t move for 24 hours. He must have just needed to warm up and rest bc he’s very active and finally eating.
Last edited by RiNiKy506 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hermiesguardian

Re: New setup

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:18 pm

Welcome little guys!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:00 pm

It looks great even though it's temporary, hope the next move goes well!
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Nicely done! I think it looks amazing.

Congrats on the teeny crab! I know what you mean about them being so small, I do the same with mine... anything looks big next to them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies