Is saltwater or feshwater used more?

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
Maddamay32

Is saltwater or feshwater used more?

Post by Maddamay32 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:15 am

Just out of curiosity is saltwater or dechlorinated feshwater used more by your crabs? What is more important for their molting and/or health? Of course both need to be readily available for them to drink and bathe but which of the two seems to be preferred?

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Is saltwater or feshwater used more?

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:29 am

Both are necessary. They make their own personal mixture in their shells. As far as preference, it depends on the species.
In my experience, my E's love the msw. My PP's love the fw. My straws love the msw. My indo loves the fw. My ruggie loves both. My lila loves the msw.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Maddamay32

Post by Maddamay32 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:53 pm

GotButterflies wrote:Both are necessary. They make their own personal mixture in their shells. As far as preference, it depends on the species.
In my experience, my E's love the msw. My PP's love the fw. My straws love the msw. My indo loves the fw. My ruggie loves both. My lila loves the msw.
Oh for sure. I have both but 1 bowl is larger than the other and I was wondering if I should use the larger bowl for fresh or salt. I ended up using the bigger one for the saltwater because it was much dirtier in the morning than the freshwater bowl. I should have just listened to my crabs from the get go lol

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

8 crabs at the moment "Tarzan, Kermit, Shy guy, Eduardo, Jimbo, Rosa, Diesel, Treaker"

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Definitely! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com