Hi everyone!

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Hi everyone!

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:31 pm

:hi:: I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been reading information on this site for about a year now, and you all have helped me so much in caring for my 4 hermie babies! :grouphug: I think I have two Es(one small, one med), since they have no purple whatsoever, and I also have 2 PPs(one small, one med). :crabbigsmile: I really hope I can be a valuable edition to the HCA! So excited to start talking and getting to know you all :D ! As for me, I'm just a nerdy teen taking honors classes and worshiping my hermits, Houdini, George Washington, Aaron Burr, and Jubali (don't ask, please :lol: ). I like to watch the Big Bang Theory, and things of that sort. As you can tll, I'm a weird crabber. But I'll try to be, as said before, a good edition to the HCA! (I want to post pictures of my hermies, but I'm not sure how, lol. Need a little help with that, please :anon: ). :thumbleft:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Motörcrab

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by Motörcrab » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi and welcome. I also lurked around the HCA a few months before officially joining. I thought I would read a few helpful pointers then move on. Then I decided to join since I got a lot of info an had a bunch of questions. I think every crabber had their own quirky traits one way or another.

As for uploading pictures you need to download the Taptalk app for your phone. I personally find the app frustrating to navigate the forums. It isn't bad to use for uploading picture. They have recently updated the app to only allowing you to upload one picture at a time unless you purchase the Pro edition.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Welcome to the board! I highly reccomend tapatalk (mentioned above), but there are also other sites available. For example, flickr and imgur can also be used, and you simply link the picture back using the Url.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks, guys! I'll look into it!
And @Motörcrab-- I think you hit the jackpot when you used the word "lurk"! It made me laugh, because I always felt that I kind of casually-but-not-noticeably looked around this website before! :lol:
(king of similar to my big E George Washington watching me from his coconut hut with my mini PP Aaron Burr at his side) :D
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Renroc

Post by Renroc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm

I find tap a talk good for uploading photos but all my videos of my breeding processes vanished. They were uploaded from tap a talk too. No one seems to know what happened to them.
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

Links

Post by Links » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Renroc wrote:I find tap a talk good for uploading photos but all my videos of my breeding processes vanished. They were uploaded from tap a talk too. No one seems to know what happened to them.

I would’ve liked to seen and studies all that. I hope I can breed and land some one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renroc

Post by Renroc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:44 pm

jrleath wrote:

I would’ve liked to seen and studies all that. I hope I can breed and land some one day.

Sorry I hit the wrong button. If you search for Aussie breeding attempt in the breeding forum you will see my posts.

Last edited by Renroc on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm

I believe Taptalk only stores pictures for three years then deletes them. For pictures to stay you need to upload them to an online storage site.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Renroc

Post by Renroc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:54 pm
I believe Taptalk only stores pictures for three years then deletes them. For pictures to stay you need to upload them to an online storage site.
That might be so but the videos vanished about 12mths after posted. When I last looked the photos were still there. I don't have an online storage site to use.