Designer Dog?! (With pictures)

For discussion and photos of all of the non-hermit crab pets we hold dear, including other crab species.

Topic author
FJrocks003

Designer Dog?! (With pictures)

Post by FJrocks003 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:03 pm

My dog, Rubix, is a mix breed between a Shiba Inu and a Jack Russell and I never really thought anything of it until one day I was browsing the web when I found something interesting. Apparently Shiba Inu-Jack Russells or "Jack Inus" are considered a designer dog breed! Who would've thought that my quirky, little jerkface of a dog is a designer dog breed?!

I did promise pictures, so here you go:
file:///home/chronos/u-c7b237e3023034946029fb828d6ab4c4df6904e0/MyFiles/Downloads/Screenshot%202020-03-23%20at%206.01.46%20PM.png
This is Rubix on the first day of spring enjoying the warm weather.
(Please let me know if this link works, I wasn't sure how to add pictures.)
Last edited by FJrocks003 on Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Designer Dog?! (With pictures)

Post by JoeHermits » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:36 pm

The link doesn’t work. You’ll have to either post or store the picture on a website or post it directly using the Tapatalk mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:14 pm

so-called designer dogs are mutts. at best they are accidental, at worst they are bred by people who are profit-driven. either way, they are due to human irresponsibility and they should not be glorified or given cute names.
And yes, I do have one of what would be considered one of them - he is a mutt, and that is what I refer to him as. I rescued him from the Northwest Territories.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

22pony22

Post by 22pony22 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:25 am

Least you know that it is a mutt. I was at a Petsmart years talking about dogs and food that’s good for them. This lady was going out of her way to convince me her cockapoo was a purebred dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

Topic author
FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 am

I do understand that a designer dog is just another type of mix, but just thought it was cool for my dog to get a little title like that. Trust me, I would never buy a dog just because it had a fancy label and my dog was an accident so I don't see any obvious harm in owning him.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:09 pm

I'll always buy mutts from shelters. I especially like the old dogs. When I adopt I'm going to get the old ones and let them live the rest of their lives in pure food bliss, ha! :lol:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 pm

FJrocks003 wrote:My dog, Rubix, is a mix breed between a Shiba Inu and a Jack Russell and I never really thought anything of it until one day I was browsing the web when I found something interesting. Apparently Shiba Inu-Jack Russells or "Jack Inus" are considered a designer dog breed! Who would've thought that my quirky, little jerkface of a dog is a designer dog breed?!

I did promise pictures, so here you go:
file:///home/chronos/u-c7b237e3023034946029fb828d6ab4c4df6904e0/MyFiles/Downloads/Screenshot%202020-03-23%20at%206.01.46%20PM.png
This is Rubix on the first day of spring enjoying the warm weather.
(Please let me know if this link works, I wasn't sure how to add pictures.)
I'd still love to see the doggie pic if you get a minute. ImageThe link doesn't work for me.
I got my Pomeranian at 8 weeks old from a rescue in NJ. His sister was up for adoption too, but my landlord at the time wouldn't have allowed two dogs. I think of her often and hope she got a good forever home.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav