Dinner!

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Dinner!

Post by avocadocrabbies » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Preparing a fresh feast and grain gala for the only crab who’s above ground :,) Image

a made a little room in the fruit n/ veggie dish for them to drag their lil' butts in, my crabs for some reason love to sit in the food dish?

FRESH:
- piece of broccoli
- piece of carrot
- piece of romaine lettuce
- piece of orange bell pepper (idk why but stay away from the yellow, red and orange are good)
- piece of zucchini
- piece of tomato
- piece of tofu
- piece of egg white covered in ground up egg shell for calcium and some egg yolk (all of it boiled, of course)
- piece of apple
- piece of clementine (peel included)
- piece of watermelon
- and a pea!
** I was out of blueberries and bananas and the strawberries were getting a lil fuzzy, but most of these fruits are in freeze-dried form anyway in the dried foods mix. Part of tomorrow's fresh will be a bit of ground up oyster shell, some tuna, and shrimp tails!

NON-FRESH PRODUCE
- oat and nut mix: plain, dried quakers oatmeal, raisins, crushed pecans/walnuts/treenuts/almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, uncooked rice, roasted and chopped corn husk, and unsweetened whole grain cereal flakes
- the middle brown stuff is crushed up mealworms, larvae, and bloodworms
- powdery white stuff: pink sea salt and coconut flakes
- flora: oak and sycamore leaves, crushed bits of rosemary, dandelion, and rose
- dried fruit and veggie mix: pretty much everything in the fresh list but dried, also with peach, pineapple, strawberry, and string beans

coming soon: cuttlebone and olive oil/honey popcorn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by avocadocrabbies on Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)

Crabby7Crabber

Re: Dinner!

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 pm

Looks awesome! My crabs like to chill in this dishes too B)
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 pm
Looks awesome! My crabs like to chill in this dishes too B)
it's so weird, right? it's like they insist on covering their food with sub before eating it :lol:

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm

avocadocrabbies wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:51 pm
it's so weird, right? it's like they insist on covering their food with sub before eating it :lol:
Yep! I guess they like eating the substrate just as much as the food! I feel like they like it so much they're trying to improve the food taste (even though I have a wide variety and everything) by putting the stuff they dig around in and poop on in it! Maybe a better word is 'enhance'? :glasses8:
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Crabby7Crabber wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 pm
Yep! I guess they like eating the substrate just as much as the food! I feel like they like it so much they're trying to improve the food taste (even though I have a wide variety and everything) by putting the stuff they dig around in and poop on in it! Maybe a better word is 'enhance'? :glasses8:
definitely enhance :lol: those brown frowns must be nutritious!

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 pm

avocadocrabbies wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:05 pm
definitely enhance :lol: those brown frowns must be nutritious!
I died laughing at "brown frowns"! :smt082 Thanks for the laugh! And yeah, it's def nutritious, so I'm not complaining-- :smt023