PP crabs needing home East Texas

Please create a new topic about your hermit crab(s) needing rehomed. Topic titles must start with city and state.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
StickySpider

PP crabs needing home East Texas

Post by StickySpider » Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 am

:crabbigsmile: I'm looking to rehome my pp two are currently active, the third I haven't seen yet. You can have their setup and all supplies, but with everything going on I'm just not able to give them the appropriate habitat. I have several different sizes of shells for them.

ThermalGlassBox

Re: PP crabs needing home East Texas

Post by ThermalGlassBox » Sun May 17, 2020 1:28 pm

I HATE to ask this, but would you be able to ship your crabs? I am located in Louisiana and not sure I would be able to make the trip due to work. My setup is a 55 gallon tank with Eco Earth coconut fiber substrate. I'm making some improvements to the tank, including purchasing some playground sand to mix into the Eco Earth this weekend.

I've had my PP crab for 7 years. Until recently, she had another crab sharing her tank with her, but during a recent move to a new house; her friend became overly stressed and didn't make the trip. I would love to add multiple crabs to give her plenty of company, but there is no where local to adopt. :(

Also, what size are your crabs? Mine is large, so I would prefer to give her friends in the medium to large range.

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sun May 17, 2020 3:22 pm

Just a note, if temps anywhere are going to be below 68, or higher than 80, the HCA says it isn't safe to ship crabbies. I only know because I was going to adopt crabs that someone was going to ship. But it's way too cold in my area. Good luck!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 7 hermit crabs.
"Animals are my friends, and I don’t eat my friends".
-George Bernard Shaw

Topic author
StickySpider

Post by StickySpider » Sun May 17, 2020 3:32 pm

I would say about a small medium range. I'm located in Palestine Texas. I'm not 100% on the shipping, but I can look into it.

ThermalGlassBox

Post by ThermalGlassBox » Sun May 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Alright. If you can ship them, I'll pay for shipping. Your location is roughly 6 hours away from me, but I have family in Shreveport; which is only a little over 2 hours from Palestine Texas. If all else, I can try to plan a round trip one weekend if I can get enough time from work.

Topic author
StickySpider

Post by StickySpider » Mon May 18, 2020 12:46 am

I will look into shipping, not sure what the appropriate protocol is. I will call tomorrow and ask.

Topic author
StickySpider

Post by StickySpider » Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 pm

I sent you a pm

ThermalGlassBox

Post by ThermalGlassBox » Tue May 19, 2020 11:25 pm

StickySpider wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 pm
I sent you a pm
Awesome, thanks.
I'm still new to the site, so it took me a little while to notice the pm.