Moving hermies to new crabitat

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Shiwe

Moving hermies to new crabitat

Post by Shiwe » Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 am

Hi everyone

I've had my crabs for about 3 weeks now and already want to move them into a bigger tank lol. I have two in a 10 gallon but it feels way too cramped to me. My justification for moving to a 20 gallon is that I can give them more fake plants, something to climb on, hide, ect. I want to give them more enrichment basically. My dilemma however is that they both spend a good amount of time underground still and I don't want to stress them out bad enough to cause death by undigging them and moving them. Thoughts?

Hermielover121

Re: Moving hermies to new crabitat

Post by Hermielover121 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:52 am

I am doing the same thing, but one of mine is molting. What I like to do is trick them at like 7 I turn off there lights and then at like 9 they are usually eating and I just would quickly move them to the new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Mon May 18, 2020 11:08 am

Sadly you’re going to have to wait. If you see one on the surface you can move it but otherwise you just have to be patient.

Kimberly

Post by Kimberly » Mon May 18, 2020 11:10 am

I went through that and I just moved one at a time when I saw them out and about . I felt bad to put one by itself but it was only for a day then quickly 2 more emerged and before you know it they were all happily hanging out together lol or so it seemed

KimberlyS

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Like it was previously mentioned, you will need to wait for them to surface before you can move them. You do not want to dig your hermits up.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com