Wyze Cam

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
CrabbyChelle628

Wyze Cam

Post by CrabbyChelle628 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Ok so I’m having problems setting up my Wyze cam. I want it to record only at night because my crabs are never up during the day. And during the night usually only 1 of them are up. I have called the helpline at Wyze and followed their directions, but I still wasn’t able to get it to work. I Would set it to record events and it would but it would get only bits and pieces of the crabs movements and as they would be moving so slowly and I am positive that the camera was missing a lot of it. Or I set it to continuously recording and then it was recording 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyLover77

Re: Wyze Cam

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:17 pm

CrabbyChelle628 wrote:Ok so I’m having problems setting up my Wyze cam. I want it to record only at night because my crabs are never up during the day. And during the night usually only 1 of them are up. I have called the helpline at Wyze and followed their directions, but I still wasn’t able to get it to work. I Would set it to record events and it would but it would get only bits and pieces of the crabs movements and as they would be moving so slowly and I am positive that the camera was missing a lot of it. Or I set it to continuously recording and then it was recording 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you set it to be motion activated? I turned the sound off on mine, and just keep the motion sensors on. Do you have an SD card in it? If not, it will only record 12 secs at a time. Then there is a 5 min cool down period if the same type of motion is detected. Which means it won't record for another 5 mins, and then only for 12 secs again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

CrabbyLover77

Re: Wyze Cam

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

You can also change how sensitive you want the motion sensors to be (the more sensitive you set it, means the slighter the movements the camera will pick up).ImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav