Dreaming Crab?

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Dreaming Crab?

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Has anyone ever witnessed their crabs dreaming? (Do they dream?)
When my crab Beau sleeps, he's very still, and tucks just his eyes right beneath the top of his shell. Yesterday, he was in this position, but his antennae were twitching a little bit. Sort of like when a dog's legs twitch when they dream. It was super cute. I was afraid he'd feel me staring and wake up lol, so I left the room.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

MauiMama

Re: Dreaming Crab?

Post by MauiMama » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:51 pm

That's super cute! I've wondered that myself. Its said that they dont really have the mental capacity to experience things like that, but honestly, how could we know that for sure? I like to believe they experience life very similarly to us, so I think they feel emotions and daydream and even love. ♡

I bet he was dreaming about feeling up a tasty treat!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•°☆~♡~☆°• MauiMama•°☆~♡~☆°•

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Re: Dreaming Crab?

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 am

MauiMama wrote:That's super cute! I've wondered that myself. Its said that they dont really have the mental capacity to experience things like that, but honestly, how could we know that for sure? I like to believe they experience life very similarly to us, so I think they feel emotions and daydream and even love. ♡

I bet he was dreaming about feeling up a tasty treat!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'm with you! I've always believed all critters have the capacity to have some sort of feelings. And if Beau was dreaming about a tasty treat, it must have been a GIANT piece of popcorn lol!

Thanks for responding! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav