Heating Alternative?

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
gflor119

Heating Alternative?

Post by gflor119 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Dumb question but..... my heating pad stopped working, which was expected, so in the meantime until I get another one, would a “medical” heating pad work to heat my tank? It’s big, has a cloth sleeve, different settings, and it’s for aches/cramps. Do you think I could prop it up behind the tank for a little while?
It’s a lot like this one, but this isn’t the exact one I have
https://www.google.com/search?q=heating ... vi3F6gi6MM

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Heating Alternative?

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:14 pm

It’s not designed for captive animal use, so you’d have to be careful that it doesn’t overheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm

It should work but you may need to play with the settings. Most come with an automatic shutoff after a period of time, for safety. That's something to watch as well!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
gflor119

Post by gflor119 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:13 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 pm
It should work but you may need to play with the settings. Most come with an automatic shutoff after a period of time, for safety. That's something to watch as well!
Yes, mine turns off after 40 mins, so if I had it at medium/low it should be fine right? Since it’ll turn off and I can manually change the settings, I don’t think it’ll overheat, but I’ll try it and keep updates!