Tunnel Collapse Caused by a Drop?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
AwesomeHermit

Re: Tunnel Collapse Caused by a Drop?

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 am

Enson wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 pm
I feel for you. I have two down and I nearly knocked the tank over the other day.. I was working on some nearby furniture.. and I stood up and wasn't watching where I was going and my butt hit the tank.. lifting it off the stand and it slammed back down onto the stand. I've been sick to my stomach about it ever since. I just have to tell myself that there isn't much I can do except wait and see.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
How did the situation end up for you?
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Enson

Post by Enson » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:09 pm

AwesomeHermit wrote: How did the situation end up for you?
Well they never came back up, so maybe not good. But it's "only" been about 2.5-3 months since they went down and supposedly they say not to worry until a year... I guess we'll find out soon. I'm going to be moving sometime soon (house hunting now). I'll have to empty the tank to move it.

I swear it's like they know it's an inconvenient time because my other two just went down last week.

Hermit lover 360

Post by Hermit lover 360 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:24 am

I understand with the moving part. We are moving in July and the crab that always molts the longest decided to go down last month. I have no idea what I’m going to do.

Enson

Post by Enson » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:49 am

Enson wrote:Well they never came back up, so maybe not good. But it's "only" been about 2.5-3 months since they went down and supposedly they say not to worry until a year... I guess we'll find out soon. I'm going to be moving sometime soon (house hunting now). I'll have to empty the tank to move it.

I swear it's like they know it's an inconvenient time because my other two just went down last week.

I kindof forgot about this post.

One of the two that was down during the bump actually came back up for a while and is back down again.

DragonsFly

Post by DragonsFly » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Wait, wait, wait. Hermit crabs are great teachers of patience. Should you continue to keep this crab, you can look forward eventually to molts lasting well over a year. Major Tom took 18 months last time; he has been down this time for 19 so far. I tell myself not to worry until September. . .
--{}: Dragons Fly Farm --{}:
Resident PP's:"Major Tom" & "Billie Jean"

“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Enson

Post by Enson » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Oh I quit worrying long ago. Someone had just asked for an update a while back, and my answer was no news yet. So I wanted to give an update now that I actually had news and remembered this post. Lol