I can’t find Tiny!

For topics relating to crab care that do not fit into the other categories.

Topic author
crabbycasey

I can’t find Tiny!

Post by crabbycasey » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 am

I had all 5 of my med PP crabs under at once and got bored watching/feeding my pet sand so I got 2 more hermies, a small and a teeny. My small one, Ruby, seems to be adjusting pretty well, climbing, eating, digging and hauling shell when I approach the tank. Lol. My teeny guy, Tiny, checked out a few things, ate a little and went into a hide. Well I have a 40g breeder and now...I can’t find Tiny! It’s been a few days and I look all the time, everywhere, for his tiny little self with no luck. I guess he could be buried, but just hoping for some thoughts from those who also have teenies in a big tank!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJrocks003

Re: I can’t find Tiny!

Post by FJrocks003 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:47 am

Probably buried himself. I have 5 in a 65 gallon and sometimes I can't even find the larger ones' burrows! As long as your sure that the tank is escape-proof then I wouldn't worry :)
My 5 crabs: Dilly (ecuadorian, medium-small), Flame (purple pincher, medium), Fleck (purple pincher, medium), Bubbles (blueberry, medium-large), Indigo (blueberry, large-extra large).

Topic author
crabbycasey

Re: I can’t find Tiny!

Post by crabbycasey » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Omg, I didn’t even think about that...him escaping! The only area possible is where my bubbler tube goes into the tank and I think it’s even too skinny for Tiny...I think . Going to double check now! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk