Florida Adopters

List of local adopters by state. If you would like to adopt through the HCA, please add a new post to your state's topic.

Moderators: HCA Adoptions, Staff Accounts

Topic author
HCA Adoptions

Florida Adopters

Post by HCA Adoptions » Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:14 pm

Florida Adoptions
If you are looking to adopt hermit crabs, please make a small “want ad” here!

Read through this before posting:
[For Members Who Wish To Adopt:]

You must include your general location and how far you are willing to travel. If you are willing to pay for shipping, that would be a good thing to know as well. You should write about your experience with hermit crabs, your enclosure, and anything else you think an owner looking to rehome should know so that they choose you as their crabs’ new home. Remember to list how you would like owners and the Adoption Coordinator to contact you if PMs are not your first choice. Thank you!
Last edited by HCA Adoptions on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
Please PM the HCA Adoptions account if you are interested in a listed adoption or have questions about our adoption program.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Florida Adopters

Post by GotButterflies » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:34 am

COVERING VOLUSIA/SEMINOLE/ORANGE COUNTY

Hello! :butterfly:: I am an experienced and avid crab keeper! I live in-between Daytona and Orlando (Central Florida). I am willing to take adoptions and emergencies that need help. You can either pm me through here, my store, or contact me via email at veggies4life at hotmail.com . IF YOU HAVE EXOTIC hermit crabs that you are looking to rehome to me and you are not within driving distance to me, I am willing to pay for overnight shipping.

I have a room especially dedicated for my crabbies. In that room I have a total of 6 tanks: a 65 gallon tank with a 50 gallon exo-terra topper (that holds my very own captive bred raised PP, I think they are a mixed species with Ecuadorian babies), a 33 gallon exo-terra tank with a 22 gallon exo-terra topper (that holds three 2021 captive bred PP babies and five 2022 captive bred Lila babies raised by Darci Madsen), a 75 gallon tank with a 50 gallon exo-terra topper (that holds PPs), a 75 gallon tank with a 100 gallon exo-terra topper (that holds a couple of PPs and my exotics), and a 100 gallon tank with a 67 gallon exo-terra topper (that holds strictly Ecuadorians). The last tank is a 5 gallon tank that has my newest ruggie babies that I brought to land the fall of 2023. I have PPs, Ecuadorians, Ruggies, Lilas, Brevis, a Straw, a Viola.

I am a certified Hermit House Breeder! :) I raised my very first clutch of PP (Possibly mixed with Ecuadorians), hermits in 2022, and then in 2023 I raised a clutch of Ruggies! :)

My crabs are fed a VERY wide range dried foods especially prepared by me. :) I have at least two modified hamster wheels in each of my tanks, and a saucer in each of them as well. I provide UVB for all of my crabs. I am hands off with my crabbies, and I do my best to provide the most natural environment as possible for them. They even have a moon :)

If you would like to see pictures of my crabitats, you can do so by visiting the "About" section of my store. Just click on the contact symbol under my username to the right, and then click the worldwide web symbol, or click the link to my store that is by my signature. (V)!-!(V) Happy Crabbing! ~Stacy

This thread on the HCA shows pictures of my crabitats. You can view the most current pictures of them on the website of my store. http://hermitcrabassociation.com/phpBB/ ... r#p1063932

You can contact me the following ways: pm/dm through via this website, my store, www.thehealthyhermit.com or my email veggies4life@hotmail.com :)

LAST UPDATED: 02/13/24
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Crabloverflorida

Re: Florida Adopters

Post by Crabloverflorida » Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 am

SAINT CLOUD

Greetings
I have been a rescue member on here for several years. I am located in Central Fl.
Crabs that have been taken in are adopted out to schools and local experienced adopters. Some do remain with us and live the life in their luxury Crabitat.
If you need to ship, please follow appropriate shipping guidelines.
I prefer to meet locally if you can. And I have an office in Orlando that can be used as a drop off site.
Feel free to email me SchreckFiona at gmail.com. As my phone will not alert me to private messages.

LAST UPDATED: 06/30/18
Last edited by Crabloverflorida on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashlear1121

Post by Ashlear1121 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:26 pm

NORTHEAST FLORIDA, CLAY/DUVAL COUNTY

Hi, I'm Ashlea from Northeast Florida, Clay/Duval county. No current crabs but have two 10 gallon tanks and willing to upgrade as they grow or if needed. We are newbies to crabs but are ready and willing to do what they need. Our goal is at least 3 small crabs, so the tank size is okay at first and my sons can watch then grow. Local meeting is preferred. Contact via PM or email at ashlear.1121 [at] gmail.

LAST UPDATED: 05/23/20

Tiffany1016

Post by Tiffany1016 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:10 pm

PORT CHARLOTTE, SOUTHWEST FL

Hi my name is Tiffany and I live in port Charlotte. I would prefer to meet in person and willing to travel as far north as Sarasota n as far south as ft myers.
I have had crabs for a few years now. I currently have 3 purple pinchers in a 55gal tank. With all the proper living conditions. And have room for few more.
If you are looking for a good home for your hermit crabs I know I can provide that. Please email me
Mattsgirl401 [at] gmail dot com

LAST UPDATED: 07/27/20

Kunsmank

Florida Adopters

Post by Kunsmank » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:01 pm

FORT MYERS

Looking to adopt some crabs in need of a forever home. Breed, size is no matter. We are just looking to help crabs in need. I live in the Fort Myers Area. Willing to travel or meet up.
kunsmank at gmail.com

LAST UPDATED: 12/14/20

crabrevolution

Post by crabrevolution » Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am

MIAMI

Located in Miami. Have a 55-gallon with two medium-size hermies and can adopt up to two more. Nonsmoking home, we rarely vacation so always there to care for them. Willing to drive up to an hour to get any hermit (or two!) needing a new home.

LAST UPDATED: 05/16/22

RoBacon

Volusia county Florida

Post by RoBacon » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:02 pm

NEW SYMRNA BEACH

I’m looking to adopt a hermit crab (hopefully large) to my current 3 small hermit crabs.
I live in volusia county and have had hermit crabs for 3 years now.
If anyone is in need of a new home I’m willing to take on your hermit crab.
Please email me at ramonaro3 at gmail.com
Tank Size: 20 gallon

LAST UPDATED: 06/14/2023

Crabala

Re: Florida Adopters - Palm Beach/Broward County

Post by Crabala » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:06 pm

Hi, I am located in Palm Beach County and willing to travel 100 miles to pick up my new crab babies. :love::

I am a dedicated animal lover and experienced rescuer who is dedicated to providing the healthiest, happiest forever home to my future crab family members.

I can provide a 50 gallon crabitat, equipped with temperature and humidity monitors, appropriate heating element, sand and shells, salt bath, places to climb, hide and other enrichment opportunities. A varied, ultra healthy and balanced diet of fresh food and water will be provided.

I can adopt up to 3 crabs.

Please feel free to contact me and I’d be happy to provide any additional info. Thank you!

MagicSands

Post by MagicSands » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:53 pm

ORLANDO

Could travel up to an hour around central Fl.

I currently have 2 large PPs in a 40 breeder. In process of adding a 18x18x24 Exo Terra topper. I have had them for a little over a year. They are healthy and growing fast! Looking to adopt one or two more friends, as one crab seems to get board and lonely when the other is down for a molt.

Contact me via Email at Lynette Nelson dot 626 at Gmail

LAST UPDATED: 12/11/23