Irish Moss, Spider Plant, and Marigolds

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author

Irish Moss, Spider Plant, and Marigolds

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Okay, so we saw all these plants on the safe plant list earlier today and we went out and purchased some at Wal-Mart. They're all nice and repotted and VERY pretty. I saw Julia Crab uses Irish Moss in some of her recipes...and I was wondering if the flowers from the Marigolds would be okay for the herms to eat and leaves from the Spider Plant. Thanks! =)

BAB

Post by BAB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:36 am

I'd say that if they are on the safe list then it should be fine. Crab's love vegetation... to hide in and eat. Hehe...

It's usually recommended that before feeding a potted plant to your hermie that you repot the plant in a soil that has no pesticides or non-organic fertilizers. Water and care for the plant like this for about 1-3 monts (I can't remember the range... I always went 3 to be safe). There are some very nice organic fertilizers out there to use on your repotted plant too.

After that the plant should be truely safe for the hermie's and all nasties from fertilizers and pesticides removed.

The other way to do it... hehe... since I'm an impatient gal... is to buy an organic plant to begin with. HAHA More expensive :? , but I hate waiting. :D

Happy crabbing!!

EDIT:I can't type today... I'm sure I still missed some typos. SIGH
**Crabbing since July 2005*~*100+ successful molts**
I have a total of 2 PP's

Note:My information on crab care is NOT the only way to do things. Please research your topics.