Yay -- good Ruggie molt!!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author

Yay -- good Ruggie molt!!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:29 am

I've been missing *most* of my exotics since we got back from vakay, and it's sooooooo tempting to dig -- it's like trying not to scratch the chicken pox, ya know? You know you shouldn't but it's so tempting :).

Well, Pearly the Rug just reappeared. It's her first molt with me, and she's had a gel leg for months. Today she has a brand-new walking leg :occasion9:. It's a little smaller than the others, and it's absolutely beautiful!

I luv my Rugs!
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:47 am

Yay Pearly!! [smilie=banana.gif] Congrats!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:06 am

Oh CONGRATS!!!! :)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Good stuff! Successful moults rock! :D [smilie=cheer.gif]

Topic author
hermiefanatic

Post by hermiefanatic » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:40 am

CONGRATS!!!! THAT WONDERFUL!! [smilie=cheer.gif] [smilie=banana.gif] :D

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:57 pm

[smilie=cheer.gif] Congrats on the successful molt! That's great news! I just love when they come up all fuzzy & pointy...they're just adorable. What color is she? :)
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

PPs,Straws,Es,Ruggies, Violas, & Indos!
3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:23 am

She's kind of a gold color. Very pretty :).

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:10 am

:D She sounds beautiful!
I march to the beat of a different drummer...did I mention my husband is a drummer!

3 Hounds, 1 Bunny-Lilly, 6 PDFs, Corns-Slither,Squiggle,Sparkle,Spirit,& Skully, Crayfish-Chester & Little Fella, Ts-Allure, Charisma, & Ladybird!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Wanted to show off Pearly now that she's out and about with her new leg :).

And while I was there I though I would snap some pics of Gemmie the Rug:

And Bloo the micro E:

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:41 am

Pearly is beautiful, I think she would get along with my little variabilis called Pearl! :D

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 am

Pearly looks wonderful....as do the other cuties! :)

Wolfite

Post by Wolfite » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:39 pm

Congrats!!! Pearly IS cute!!! :D
Resident pets: 2 cats, handful of crabbies...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:40 pm

I've had so much trouble with Ruggies molting, it's huge relief to see this one come up again. I've lost half my Rugs during their first molt with me, and this was my only Rug who hadn't yet molted. This one waited a looooong time to molt after I got her, so I think she had time to build up some resources first. Whew :)!

Here's another good pic:

bksbuddha

Post by bksbuddha » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:59 am

:D Aw...they're all so adorable! She reminds me of my Apricot...same gorgeous coloring. My Ruggies have always seemed to have fine molts, no troubles at all...until Pearl! A few days ago when I was doing a general clean, I picked up the fresh H2O dish in the 20L & found her empty shell! :shock: While trying to sift through the sand gently, I discovered her little limp body & then her exo. Thought surely she was dead, but she wasn't. I immediately placed her gently in another lighter, clean shell, put her in a betta cup w/damp EE & her exo, & placed it in the tat. Happily, she's been munching on her exo & moving a bit after 2 days of torture... :cry: she wasn't moving. I have yet to check her over to make sure that she's alright. Gonna give her at least one or 2 more days to rest. Hopefully she's okay & as gorgeous as your babies when she's done. She used to be grey & white. Can't wait to see her coloring now. :)

Topic author
MudCrabDude

Post by MudCrabDude » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:01 pm

Cool! 8)