PLEASE, NO NEW TOPICS! FIND YOUR STATE.

Older topics that are in the process of being sorted and moved into the appropriate Archived sections below.

Topic author

PLEASE, NO NEW TOPICS! FIND YOUR STATE.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Those wishing to adopt should post a reply in the topic for their state. Do not start a new topic. Before you post here please read:

viewtopic.php?t=7256&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

Those who are looking for a home for hermit crabs should post a reply in the sticky topic "Post Adoptees Here: crabs that need a new home"

viewtopic.php?t=3699

MacandHunter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by MacandHunter » Wed May 24, 2006 6:46 pm

This is just a friendly reminder. All the topics with states/country's are on the first page of the adoptions section, so you should have no problem finding your state. :)
Crabbing since 7/4/04 - 10 years!
I'm not asking salvation from you - I'm just asking to be safe for a while
make it easy - make this easy
it's not as heavy as it seems
wrapped in metal -wrapped in ivy - painted in mint ice cream

blaze88

Post by blaze88 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 am

bump.

should this not be stickied?
coloradocritterco.com

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 am

Yikes, yeah, maybe there should be a policy that if a new topic were started it will be deleted. I just passed through the list three times with my eyes wading through stuff to find my state. Roughly 1/3rd of the announcements are incorrectly posted.

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:50 am

All new topics are either locked or removed. If they're just locked, we usually try to leave them up a bit so that the OP sees they were locked & why. And yeah, I know there's a ton that were locked a long time ago, I just haven't had time to weed through them lately. :wink:

**edit**
Better? :lol:
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 pm

**bump**
its been getting a bit disorganized lately with all the locked posts. ^^^^^

megs
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by megs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:33 am

The locked posts will eventually be moved or will drop down the page on their own as people post in the proper threads. :wink:
"Nothing divides one so much as thought." - R. H. Blyth

"Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems. You get what you want, but it's not what you need..."

Bryang1012

Re: PLEASE, NO NEW TOPICS! FIND YOUR STATE.

Post by Bryang1012 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Is there a texas topic? i couldnt seem to find one.......
7 PP's and 3 Ecuadorans

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: PLEASE, NO NEW TOPICS! FIND YOUR STATE.

Post by wodesorel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:08 am

Bryang1012 wrote:Is there a texas topic? i couldnt seem to find one.......
It was there, it just wasn't labeled right. Fixed now! :oops:
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

mool

Re: Post Adoptees Here (Crabs that need a new home)

Post by mool » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 am

soilentgringa wrote:I still have multiple crabs that need new homes in Dallas, TX.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk
If you ever get to Austin or know of anyone who is making the trip for other purposes, I'll take a few. I have a 55 gallon with 6 crabs (2 near jumbo and 4 small-to-medium); a 40B with 4 micro-to-tiny crabs and two empty 20L's.

The two biggies I've had for about 8 years and the rest were rescues from the past year. No deaths in about 3 years--I lost my 3rd XL during a molt, probably due to cannibalism.

tymeacrab

Post by tymeacrab » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:48 am

Skymall007
"I have 5 pp"

I didn't see anywhere in your post as to where you are located. I live in Kent, WA. I started out with my first crabby a little over a year ago. He was in awful shape, nearly white do to oxygen depletion from a person who knew nothing about their unique care, it had no water source and kept in a plastic shoe tote, after a whole lot of reading a 10 gallon tank that I managed to pick up at a garage sale on my way home for a dollar. This is how I got my start, I now have 3 10 gallon tanks used as ISO tanks for I'll crabs, and 2 20 long gallon I use for smaller or weak crabs, and 2 40 gallon breeder tanks that are for community tanks. I currently only have 5 pp, but am willing, able, and wanting to take in more, I am totally a Crabbiess for life, love these guys. By the way! MY first crabby that I started my fascination and love, yep he's still a live and very healthy

Aimee1234

2 Crabs near Mendocino need new home

Post by Aimee1234 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:34 am

****UPDATE - looks like San Francisco zoo will take them.

The kids were given two hermit crabs as a prize in a game at a festival.

We have had the crabs about two weeks.

After reading about how complicated caring for hermit crabs can be, we would like to re-home them to a better environment so they will have the best life possible.

The crabs are currently located in Mendocino area in northern CA. We can drive them somewhere or transport them however possible, I'm happy to pay for shipping if that is an option.

I'm emailing people on this forum to try to find a home. Let me know if you have room for more crabs. I'll look for places closer to the bay area as well...

Feel free to email me aimee.fitzgerald@gmail.com or contact me thru this forum.

Many thanks, Aimee
Last edited by Aimee1234 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aimee1234

Post by Aimee1234 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Looks like San Francisco zoo will accept the crabs.

SilverBlaze

Post by SilverBlaze » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Killeen TX

Not my crab, I just came across the posting on craigslist: "1 Ocean sea hermit crab eats peanut butter and have sponge for water to drink in a 15 gallon tank asking 10.00 for all" https://killeen.craigslist.org/hsh/5798444012.html

I haven't contacted them for any details, and it's too far for me to drive anyways. Thought there might be someone here who's closer.

mool

Post by mool » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:42 pm

SilverBlaze wrote:Killeen TX

Not my crab, I just came across the posting on craigslist: "1 Ocean sea hermit crab eats peanut butter and have sponge for water to drink in a 15 gallon tank asking 10.00 for all" https://killeen.craigslist.org/hsh/5798444012.html

I haven't contacted them for any details, and it's too far for me to drive anyways. Thought there might be someone here who's closer.
This ad has been up for at least 6-9 months. I contacted her once and she is a nice lady but unable to travel. I offered to meet her half way (I live in Austin) and no deal.